GTD and Evernote: moving from Projects to Actions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by Ian Matthews, Nov 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ian Matthews

Ian Matthews Registered

Hi. I am trying to set up a Getting Things Done system using Evernote (setting up on my Mac) and I am getting unstuck on one aspect.

If I create a note for a project then list all the things that need to be done for that project in that note, it seems that I need to manually duplicate the entry of all those things into the relevant context notebook (e.g. calls, waiting for etc). This seems to double up the amount of time I spend noting down all the steps of a project - am I missing something?

Thanks so much for your help!

Kmet and vino like this.
  2. kelstarrising

kelstarrising Kelly Forrister

Hi there. Yes, if you are listing out all of the next actions in the note field (typically called project notes/plans/future actions), then you will need to copy those over to the relevant Notebook/List when they become current next actions. Given Evernote is not a traditional list manager, it's clunkier than most with the flow of this. We talk about some ways to manage all of that in the Evernote Guides.

3. vino

vino Registered

Business Manager
    Home Page:
    Hi Ian,
    I have faced the simialr issue as well. I do create separate notes for each point in the project, then use tags for each note. It is easier to search and group tasks using the tags.