GTD and Levenger Products

M

mochant

They're delayed

David mentioned in the recent LiveMeeting webinar he did that the Levenger deal was moving slower than originally anticipated and that any DA-branded products were "delayed". He did say that some new gear was forthcoming this fall.

randystokes

Registered
Marc's info is correct. I spoke with David at the first of the new Roadmap seminars, and he said there had been some delays in getting samples of the products for review and approval. I don't think the delay was a Levenger delay, but a delay at the manufacturers' end. David said he thought the roll out was looking more like January 2006.

So, you may not be able to order them for Christmas gifts this year ;) Too bad, because I've given just about everyone I know copies of both of David's books!

Randy

P

pbrav

the irony

i find this thread pretty hilarious. how to plan (as users) for the advent of what may be the ultimate paper planner w/o a hard date? i'm ready to make a switch--the planner pad isn't really working for me--but am left feeling uneasy about committing to a new interim system knowing that a levenger/GTD product is on the way. and will arrive in the unspecified not-so-distant future.

phb

G

GTDroadKill

irony... AND cacophony, might I add...

pbrav said:
i find this thread pretty hilarious. how to plan (as users) for the advent of what may be the ultimate paper planner w/o a hard date? i'm ready to make a switch--the planner pad isn't really working for me--but am left feeling uneasy about committing to a new interim system knowing that a levenger/GTD product is on the way. and will arrive in the unspecified not-so-distant future.

phb

g - nice to see you keeping your sense of humor amidst this all. I too was looking forward to the Levenger gear. 'tis a sad and shameless tale of getting things undone. Keep the faith, tho, my pbrav - I too am on your track of this paper thing and looking for a solution. It will be out there. Maybe WE should get 2gether and design one? Then we could race the clock and see if we could beat the great GTD engine at it's own game! Know any good China-based manufacturing companies?

TesTeq

Registered
Freedom of choice.

GTDroadKill said:
g - nice to see you keeping your sense of humor amidst this all. I too was looking forward to the Levenger gear. 'tis a sad and shameless tale of getting things undone. Keep the faith, tho, my pbrav - I too am on your track of this paper thing and looking for a solution. It will be out there. Maybe WE should get 2gether and design one? Then we could race the clock and see if we could beat the great GTD engine at it's own game! Know any good China-based manufacturing companies?
Some people like Mercedes cars and some people prefer cheap old Yugo cars. You prefer cheap Chinese products while I prefer more expensive Levenger or DavidCo products. And it is OK - everybody has freedom of choice. But I do not think that you will be able to sell Chinese products to Levenger customers.

G

GTDroadKill

TesTeq said:
Some people like Mercedes cars and some people prefer cheap old Yugo cars. You prefer cheap Chinese products while I prefer more expensive Levenger or DavidCo products. And it is OK - everybody has freedom of choice. But I do not think that you will be able to sell Chinese products to Levenger customers.

g - ur right, my bad. But I don't know of anyone who, given the choice, would actually prefer a "cheap old Yugo car," do you? And I do enjoy my Mercedes just fine, tho not that money is of concern, I would rather not have to pump premium gas in it which is at an all time high here in Beverly Hills right now. And I must say that the finest calibre German engineering is quite appreciated over all others when careening the 405 and PCH's in-and-out points. And touche' to your forward thinking in calibrating those cheap Chinese people and their sub-par craftsmanship. Ahem, tho, where exactly do you think that the great and powerful Levenger has it's goods manufactured when given it's druthers? Yugoslavia? True, true, freedom of choice is of avail to us all.... including the half-wit & hare-brained test-e types. Hit me back, gest 2 chat.

TesTeq

Registered
My English seems to be too weak.

GTDroadKill said:
g - ur right, my bad. But I don't know of anyone who, given the choice, would actually prefer a "cheap old Yugo car," do you? And I do enjoy my Mercedes just fine, tho not that money is of concern, I would rather not have to pump premium gas in it which is at an all time high here in Beverly Hills right now. And I must say that the finest calibre German engineering is quite appreciated over all others when careening the 405 and PCH's in-and-out points. And touche' to your forward thinking in calibrating those cheap Chinese people and their sub-par craftsmanship. Ahem, tho, where exactly do you think that the great and powerful Levenger has it's goods manufactured when given it's druthers? Yugoslavia? True, true, freedom of choice is of avail to us all.... including the half-wit & hare-brained test-e types. Hit me back, gest 2 chat.
I am sorry but unfortunately my English seems to be too weak (I'm from Poland) to understand all of the nuances (and even the whole sentences) contained in your posts.

Max

Registered
TesTeq said:
I am sorry but unfortunately my English seems to be too weak (I'm from Poland) to understand all of the nuances (and even the whole sentences) contained in your posts.

You are being to hard on yourself. I am an American with British background and am fluent in over 2 million dilects of English; and I have yet to figure out what that post said.

That said; I have Levenger taste but a vanilla HPDA budget. Hopefully they'll be out before Christmas.

Day Owl

Registered
Repeat from another thread

The Levenger/DA line was mentioned on another thread as well. On 9/13 I posted this message there:

I queried Levenger and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting us.

They will not be available until late Fall, more than likely in November.

P

pbrav

anyone out there heard an update on when the allen/levenger paper planner will be released..?

P

pbrav

David Allen/Levenger Planner Not Happening!?

just got off the phone with levenger. was talking to an agent about ordering a circa agenda, which i don't want to do if the david/allen levenger planner is going to debut w/in the next few weeks.

the agent i spoke to said she'd heard that the product was in the works, and put me on hold to check with her supervisor re: when it's coming. a minute later she got back on the line and told me that she'd been informed that "it may be not happening."

bummer.

anybody with an inside track care to comment?

anybody else care to speculate what's up?