GTD and Paul Bunyan

C

CosmoGTD

I guess no one got my little joke, eh?
I came across the Paul Bunyan Tall Tales, and i thought GTD mixed in with Tall Tales might be fun...

but oops...the Tall Tales only work when the motivational speakers make them up to talk up their products, and sell more books and tapes!

:wink:

Coz

A

Anonymous

I think the problem, Coz, is that many of us have really been helped by David's work, and it is hard to tell if you are being cynical, or joking, or both. If David has a good product, he can sell it for what people will pay, and we are all happy with that. I don't detect any hype or deception in what he is doing. You however, sound like you are feeling ripped off.

Best wishes,
Gordon

C

CosmoGTD

Hmmm, looks like i didn't post clearly enough. My post was carried over, (in my mind) from the thread about if goal-setting is bad for you.

Actually, i don't consider DA to be in the self-help guru business per se.
He has some excellent techniques, and a great system, and in my view, sort of undersells what he is selling. There is a real lack of the manipulative BS and exaggeration in DA's work, that is present in so many other self-help and "time management" systems.

I guess if folks had read my other posts, they would be aware that i think DA is selling good stuff, without the fluff.
That might be a good catchphrase, "Good stuff, without the fluff!"
The GTD system has been very helpful to me, due to the fact it does NOT seem to contain the Paul Bunyanesque exaggerations and hype of most of the other alleged "systems" out there.

So it was an unclearly worded compliment!
Reminds me of a phrase from the Donald Trump show "The Apprentice". (that show will allow him to write off on his taxes every single thing Trump owns, as it was on tv!).
The Donald said to one woman,
THAT WAS THE WORST COMPLIMENT I HAVE EVER HEARD!

Coz

ceehjay

Registered
Yeah, Coz -- I've been around here long enough to know that you are a true GTDer. Didn't mean to ignore you, but my NA list was too long to take the time to comment on your joke. :wink:

C

CosmoGTD

ok, good, now back to my original point...

GTD has lowered my bad cholesterol, made my Soul-Mate magically "materialize", cleared my bad Karma for my next 6 future Incarnations on earth, won the lottery 17 times, made me millions of dollars, lost those last 10 lbs, taught me how to win friends and influence people, stopped my hair from greying.....

Coz

A

Anonymous

Yeah but now instead of listening to 30 days worth of tapes you only have to listen to 7 to get the "edge" Fix my life in one week -WOW!

If you've seen the infomercials then you know what I'm referring to .

On the other hand --the ThinkTQ system mentioned in another post seems to be gelling nicely with GTD for me -- they also make no crazy promises--they pretty much tell you improvement is a lifelong process and hard work .

wow! reality in a productivity system , haven't seen it anywhere other than GTD.

Paul