GTD and PlanPlus v2.0

A

Anonymous

:?:

I am curious to know whether anyone here has tried Franklin Covey's "new" PlanPlus v. 2.0 to use along with GTD or as an alternative to GTD... as well as general comments on the plusses and minusses of both programs.

Thanks

Bryan

Registered
I'm not answering your *specific* question, but I used an older version of Franklin's s/w. Only "real" problem I had was a bug that when you hit more than about 75 to-dos (easy to do in GTD, counting projects), note that I attached to to-do items would "float" randomly to other items. FC acknowledged the bug, but no fix was in the works at the time (this was 18+ months ago). That bug was a deal-breaker for me, but I have to believe it's fixed now. Anyone else have that problem or know it's fixed?

A

Anonymous

I use both PlanPlus 2.0 and the GTD Outlook Add-In. I find quite a number of benefits from using both together but fundamentally they let me look at tasks and work through different lenses, and I find that useful. For example, the GTD add-in lets me view tasks organized by actions or organized by projects. PlanPlus makes it easier to sift out only those things that I want to focus on this week or today. I think of it as taking getting things done to getting the "right" things done.

A

Anonymous

I use both PlanPlus 2.0 and the GTD Outlook Add-In. I find quite a number of benefits from using both together but fundamentally they let me look at tasks and work through different lenses, and I find that useful. For example, the GTD add-in lets me view tasks organized by actions or organized by projects. PlanPlus makes it easier to sift out only those things that I want to focus on this week or today. I think of it as taking getting things done to getting the "right" things done.

A

Anonymous