GTD Connect in retirement

DavidRParker

Registered
Although there have been some discussions about using GTD for planning retirement and in retirement, I wondered if the possibility of a reduced membership fee (maybe with reduced facilities) might become available in the future.

I am only a couple of years off my planned retirement and I would like to keep in touch via GTD Connect (rather than just via the public forums) but doubt that I could continue to afford $480 per year.

Is there a possibility of a Senior Membership?

David

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi David!

We'd love to have you stick around in your retirement. We've never had a request for a senior membership rate that I know of, but I'll certainly bring it up to the team and let you know. Perhaps we can add seniors to the $360 non-profit/gov't/education rate.

Kelly

TesTeq

Registered
What's the definition of "senior"?

kelstarrising;83419 said:
Perhaps we can add seniors to the $360 non-profit/gov't/education rate.

Great idea but what's the definition of "senior"?

DavidRParker

Registered
Definition of Senior

TesTeq;83462 said:
Great idea but what's the definition of "senior"?

I am assuming it to be someone who has reached normal retirement age. In the USA I understand this to be 66. In the UK it is currently 65 but the government plans to increase it.

David

Barb

Registered
66?

65 is probably the closest to "normal" retirement age. In the U.S. the term "senior" can apply to anyone from 55-65+.

DavidRParker

Registered
Barb;83494 said:
65 is probably the closest to "normal" retirement age. In the U.S. the term "senior" can apply to anyone from 55-65+.

I just used the term "senior" in the hope that I wouldn't offend anyone.

My interest is from the point of view of someone who is about to retire from full-time employment who would like to stay "GTD Connected" but cannot afford the annual fee. The same might apply to anyone who was out of work for other reasons.

David

lynn

Registered
GTD Connect in retirement

As someone who recently retired I agree it would be nice to have a senior's rate since it becomes a decision on the importance of this membership versus other items that may arise.

In Canada, as in the United States, 65 is normally considered the 'official' retirement age for most companies. Senior discounts do not follow the 'official' age with many commencing at age 60 and some at age 55. This is a decision each company appears to make for their business.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
OK...here's an interesting question back to you you all:

With our non-profit, education and gov't rate, we have a way to confirm that they qualify for that rate. How would you suggest we do that for seniors?

DavidRParker

Registered
Age v Retired

kelstarrising;83560 said:
Hi Barb,

For privacy reasons, I don't know that we would/could do that.

Kelly

Provided you didn't disclose the information to anyone else I don't see a problem. If it's done solely on age then it's not going to be restricted to retirees. The reason for the requested reduction is ability to pay not age.

David

TesTeq

Registered
Bill Gates retired...

kelstarrising;83544 said:

With our non-profit, education and gov't rate, we have a way to confirm that they qualify for that rate. How would you suggest we do that for seniors?

The problem is even more complicated. Bill Gates retired but I don't think it would be fair to offer him the reduced rate. :)

lizwithhat

Registered
kelstarrising;83544 said:

You don't think the honour system would be enough? Do people really abuse senior discounts at a significant rate? Maybe I just lead too sheltered a life...

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all of your comments and feedback. I've passed this along to our Operations team to look into a senior rate.

Thanks!
Kelly

DavidRParker

Registered
@Waiting For

kelstarrising;83581 said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all of your comments and feedback. I've passed this along to our Operations team to look into a senior rate.

Thanks!
Kelly

Thank-you Kelly!

David