GTD Connect is here!

J

JDC

darlakbrown said:
This is a funny post. Not sure if it was intended that way. I wasn't sure if you were putting the GTD connect idea in your tickler or the idea of actually doing your work. I think it's the first but the idea of the latter tickled me.

Yes, the first one. The presentation may be funny, but I'm totally serious about the content.

cyberscribe

Senior Associate, Next Action Associates
Flash banner up top

Max said:
Might be just me but I do not see the samples on the homepage.
There's a Flash banner near the top with "Sample Video", "Sample Audio", "Sample Article", "Take The Tour", etc.

Hope that helps.

Max

Registered
cyberscribe said:
There's a Flash banner near the top with "Sample Video", "Sample Audio", "Sample Article", "Take The Tour", etc.

Hope that helps.

No actually it doesn't help. You're three days late with an answer I already provided.

P. S. I'm glad I don't need Flash read the forum.

TesTeq

Registered
Technologically overcomplicated.

I really cannot understand why GTD Connect website is so technologically overcomplicated and hence slow.

Borisoff

Registered
TesTeq said:
I really cannot understand why GTD Connect website is so technologically overcomplicated and hence slow.

I agree, something should be done with the Connect site speed. Maybe you should take all flashes away as we need that information fast not the fine pictures.

E.

Max

Registered
TesTeq said:

Because many people think pretty and flashy equal good web design. So they use Flash to make it look cool.

The worst thing is that (at least on the public information page) it does not degrade gracefully. If one does not have Flash installed then instead of seeing a more basic interface or even a notice that you don't have the plugin install, they just see a banner graphic and have no idea that something is missing on the page. That is bad web design.

cyberscribe

Senior Associate, Next Action Associates
Thanks for your suggestions

Thanks for your input that it wasn't clear to you how to proceed on the Connect non-member page without having Flash installed. Our design team is looking into how to make that more clear and user-friendly.

Flash 8 is a requirement for GTD Connect because it enables a high-quality audio and video experience involving similar technologically to that used by Google Video and YouTube. I understand that some of you are concerned that Flash content may be making your web browsing experience slower. Our design team is looking into that as well, to make sure page loads are as optimized as possible.

GTD Connect also requires a broadband connection to be able to enjoy the video. Because broadband technology and the Flash plugin both have a very high market penetration these days, we have chosen to standardize on these technologies to provide the rich multimedia experience of GTD Connect.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions as we work to make GTD Connect the best possible user experience.

BigStory

Registered
Move this discussion...?

Hi all,

Perhaps others can chime in with a yeah or nay, but I personally don't have any inclination to read about the negatives of the GTD Connect website on _this_ forum. It actually seems to me to be a bit offensive if I were DA. There is probably a better (more effective, closer to the source) feedback channel for GTD Connect users than a public forum - unless someone just wants to make a point (which wouldn't be nice either).

FWIW,
Gordon

BigStory

Registered
Move this discussion...?

Hi all,

Perhaps others can chime in with a yeah or nay, but I personally don't have any inclination to read about the negative side of the GTD Connect website on _this_ forum. It actually seems to me to be a bit offensive if I were DA. There is probably a better (more effective, closer to the source) feedback channel for GTD Connect users than a public forum - unless someone just wants to make a point (which wouldn't be nice either).

FWIW,
Gordon

Lisa Peake

Registered
Invitation to share your feedback with us

Since we opened up this program to the public just a few weeks ago we've had an outpouring of positive feedback about the many benefits our members are receiving from the program, and many suggestions about how we can improve as well. We want to be sure to pay attention to your feedback, so if you have any comments about GTD Connect, please email them to us directly at:

connect@davidco.com

We will be closing up this thread shortly because we want to encourage you to come straight to us with your feedback. We welcome your input! We love hearing how we are doing at The David Allen Company, and since GTD Connect is a living and growing online community, we are listening to you and making improvements to the program constantly.

Thanks so all who have shared their views and ideas here, we've been taking note. Keep it coming (albeit in a slightly different format).