GTD for Educators

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Join us for a discussion of how two educators apply the GTD methodology. Erik Johnson teaches high school in Chicago, and David Drake is a professor of microbiology at the University of Iowa. They both have a passion for teaching, and have adapted GTD make their busy profession easier to manage. You'll hear them talk about their areas of focus, projects, and daily routines around email, meetings, and teaching. They also consider how educators can adapt context-based lists to their environment. As a bonus, they both describe what tools they use and why.

Because they are both active on this forum, there's good chance that if you post comments or questions here, they'll see those and reply.

Audio (51 minutes)

ERJ1

Jedi Master
John, thanks for editing and posting! I'm thrilled to have been a part of this.

All, feel free to hit me up for feedback, questions, concerns, or ideas!

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
Erik, thanks for not making me a liar about how you'd read this and be willing to discuss further.

What I want to know is whether any of your students have gone on to be David's students.
Could be! Thanks so much for this, John. I am here if anyone wishes to reach out to me for further questions or comments. Oh....and one last thing in case there was any doubt. GTD has been a lifesaver for me. GTD ROCKS! :)

ERJ1

Jedi Master
Erik, thanks for not making me a liar about how you'd read this and be willing to discuss further.

What I want to know is whether any of your students have gone on to be David's students.
Who knows about kids yet, but I can say for sure I have converted several colleagues!