• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD in a Sales Enviroment

Dear Friends...

I am changing jobs, and in my new job I am going to be working with sales. I have no so much expirence in sales neither in GTD. I have been strugling to get my system works change and setup time from an idea to other, almost every weekly review. I have finally using plain vanilla for 2 weeks now, with only minor changes.

GTD is helping me a lot, but I have doubt about how to implemented in a sales environment.

If there is pleople using GTD in a Sales Environment I will really appreciate feedback.

This is my actual Set up.
On tasks I have my contexts, @home, @work, @calls, general stuff.

On my memos, I have my projects, and use the following code:
! means work
$ means a project without actions
no symbol is non work related project.

Also when I create an NA a change in the note from a - to a + and when is done (Usually in the WR I change the ones ready for *)

The codes are working like a charm.

Also I have another memo category for someday/maybe and for each client that I use as an log book and Inbox, that let me create reports of everyaction made for a client.

As I am explaining I want a simple system, I try different softwares, but until now I have not find anything that really fits me... Already try Life Balance, Tought Master, Bonsay, Shadow, Agendus, DateBK5

Also I am worried about how to make the capture system when the change occured (next week) since I know is going to be tons of information and NAs, projects, etc.... Any ideas or tips..

Thanks
 
Top