• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD on PPC 8125 Smartphone

  • Thread starter Thread starter joelstaylor
  • Start date Start date
J

joelstaylor

Guest
Getting the 8125 Wizard from Cingular today. How are you guys using GTD with a smartphone/ppc phone edition? All on the PPC, some on the PPC, combining with Paper? Thanks for any feedback!

Joel
 
Still searching, but it's pretty basic

I'm also using an 8125 and the GTD Outlook Plugin on my office computer.

My tasks will show up in the approriate @Action lists if I filter by category. However, creating new tasks and editing existing tasks seems to break that relationship.

(I can't add a task, assign it to an @work category, and expect to see it show up in the @work action list when I sync).

I did explore (in terms of email) moving all messages once they been read on the PDA to a folder called pda, where I would then process them with the plugin once back in the office. This does keep my inbox clean.

But honestly, I'm just using the PDA as a notifier at this point. I know when an email comes in, I can read it, and when I sit back down at my desk, I don't have to re-read it before I process it.

Any better suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
Top