GTD Open Office Hour

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
This will be another in our series of open office hours. Please bring any GTD-related topic to discuss, or questions to ask, or answers and ideas to share with others. This is set up as a meeting, so you will be able to show your webcam and share your screen, just like show and tell in school.

July 12, 2023, 9:00AM–10:00AM Pacific

The link to join the meeting is near the top of the webinars panel, on the right side of GTD Connect pages.

Last edited:

Ger80C

Registered
Looking forward to this one!

It appears that the signup link is a zoom call dial in. Is that intended (because the office is open ;-) ) or is something missing?

(the signup link for the AoF seminar later in July leads to the usual signup page)

Cheers
Sebastian

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
The open office hour is configured as a meeting, so that attendees can share webcams and screens if they choose. So no one's crazy. Usually we set these up as webinars, but a couple of office hours back we realized that you all were not able to show interesting stuff like your workspace and any parts of your GTD system. The meeting format allows for that.

Ger80C

Registered
The open office hour is configured as a meeting, so that attendees can share webcams and screens if they choose. So no one's crazy. Usually we set these up as webinars, but a couple of office hours back we realized that you all were not able to show interesting stuff like your workspace and any parts of your GTD system. The meeting format allows for that.

Thanks John, makes sense and is a wonderful idea. I very much look forward to this and hope I have put enough blockers, police tape and "private" calendar entries into my hard landscape so that nobody can highjack me and keep me from participating! :)

Ger80C

Registered
I understand this is due to the open format (no “webinar” Zoom) and we simply click on the link when the doors are open and the time for the office hour has come…. at least that’s what I’ll try

Ger80C

Registered
One thing that came to my mind after talking about appropriate contexts for the organization of my next action lists (thanks to Ridwan for sharing on this issue with us):

When looking at our lists and using the guidance given by GTD (location, time, energy …) to identify what next action to tackle, we should keep one thing in mind: There is always a – sometimes invisible – option on our lists, an invisible next action, that sometimes makes a lot of sense: *change the context* you are in instead of giving in to the context.

Of course, if you are alone on a stranded island (or a boring conference call), this is not an option. But – if your location context is: office with door open and telephone connected, and your time context is: coffee with x in 15 minutes, just be aware that you can change all of these. you can close the door, put the phone in DND, resort to a quiet conference room, block your calendar, and move the coffee meeting (remember: a renegotiated agreement is not a broken one) – and voila, you have made yourself room and space for a different choice from the next action menu!

What I am trying to say is: Let’s not be too passive in our situational analysis when making an action decision choice.

schmeggahead

Registered
*change the context* you are in instead of giving in to the context.
This is a favorite of mine when my clarifying engine runs out of juice. I change the context and do something totally different. Usually my executive capacity recharges and I can get back to clarifying.

Clayton
I‘m a bene gesserit productivity guru, call me the God Emperor of Done. - halcy