• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD Personal Assessment

Has David (or anyone) created any sort of personal assessment that an individual can use to determine where they are on the "Mind like Water" journey? For example, "If you routinely do this, this, and this.. you are a yellow belt" When you routinely do this, this, and this, you are at a black belt level". I've set a goal to achieve what I call "GTD black belt" (based on my own perception of what that means) and have made good strides in that direction (no, I can't make it happen overnight), but it would be good to be able to establish a baseline and be able to track a progression of improvement. I've seen this done in my line of work where we assess processes against a process maturity scale (1-5) where each level of maturity has certain criteria. It really helps in understanding where you are, planning next actions, and measuring progress.

Any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Vince
 
cornell said:
I recently posted a checklist on my blog for this very purpose.

Matt, great list. It is a great way to assess one's current system and look for ways to improve. Thanks for sharing!
 
Color coding

Great tool, Matt! I highlighted the assessment using green for things I do well, yellow for almost, and red for don't do it at all. I got an instant visual and both strengths and where I wanted to put my energies to get to the next "belt." I 'll do the highlighting again at a quarterly review.
 
Top