GTD-Q and Adobe Flash

tchowes

Registered
I don't know if anyone else uses GTD-Q to see how they are doing with their GTD Practice, but I have to admit that I take the assessment every 1-2 months. I find it a good way to kind of "take my temperature" so to speak (I'm usually in one of the more center-ish tiles). Anyway, I've noticed that in order for it to run, it requires the Flash plug-in. Well, I keep getting warnings that Flash will no longer be allowed on browsers in a week or so. Anyone know if GTD-Q will be altered to run without it? Perhaps I'm the only one that uses it!

Oogiem

Registered
I use it as well but normally only a couple times a year. And yes, I'm hoping it comes back. I seem to recall there is another option but it doesn't have the history that is in the original GTD-Q.

Edited to add: Worse, for me I can't even find the link now at all. Perhaps yu can post it? I want to try it on a different browser

Oogiem

Registered
Hey there @oogie & @tchowes - I was browsing the GettingThingsDone.com site, and it looks like there's a non-flash version live already! - https://gettingthingsdone.com/gtd-q/

There's a direct link at the bottom of the gettingthingsdone.com website nav pages. Hope that helps!
Thanks, sadly it's LOST my entire history of the years of taking the test!

There is nothing that keeps track of when you last took it and where you ended up!

I had taken it over 46 times as of December 2019 and now I've lost access to that useful data.

tchowes

Registered
Well there it is! I'm thinking the Flash version "Saved" that information. Have to do it by hand going forward in terms of tracking how I've done. My number one square was 3 control, 3 perspective, followed by 2/2 and 2/3, 3/2. 2020 was a tough year for me, even some 2/1s popped up! Had to get back on the GTD Wagon.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
We have a developer looking into doing a non-Flash version. I will update this thread when I have news. The non-Flash version that Andrew linked above is different in two ways. One is that it doesn't pinpoint with the quadrants as closely as the GTD Connect version. It lands on a quadrant, but doesn't further subdivide the quadrant into four more quadrants. The other difference is that it does not preserve the history of previous times that you took the assessment. Of course you can grab a screen shot and store history on your own.

@Oogiem and others, please know that your GTD-Q history is still preserved. It's only the display that isn't showing it. There is a database behind the GTD-Q that still has the results by member and date. If/when we get a non-Flash version, that data can be displayed again.

For example, here's a screen shot from the database showing that I just took the GTD-Q. I clicked on the Neutral answer for every question.

1610326744019.png