GTD rutt “per say” - symptoms of autism ASD - Asana list manager messy or cluttered- looking for new list manager suggestions "

2AM Holistically ,Law of attraction style,

Explaining type problem feel like I am in:

With GTD rutt “per say”, Where in a nutshell with my symptoms of autism ASD.

My daily routine consists of the same:
Looking over two sheets of papers with reminder cues” by the users rene @René Lie and wilson @Wilson Ng

“Which are a daily review etc”
-to look over my calendar
-Then my next actions on list manager
-Then checking inboxes for amount of time I feel relevant...

And personal problem feel like I have with my Asana list manager , is I've shared in other post threads literally - I feel like there's literally loads of completed marked items in the work space projects , its messy or cluttered (so I don’t feel motivated).

And idea voice occurred to myself now : maybe try something literally “stop - STOP! Trying to use my asana list manager for adding new tasks (until literally all tasks are completed - and then never use it again for making new tasks - just use it as reference storage to show things I was thinking about in the past for example? SV

So - what should be my new list manager? This worth upload and try share with as many users. such as recently @Mrs-Polifax or @FocusGuy or @chrisstribbs comes to mind

part one "

STN

Looking over two sheets of papers with reminder cues” by the users rene @René Lie and wilson @Wilson Ng

And personal problem feel like I have with my Asana list manager , is I've shared in other post threads literally - I feel like there's literally loads of completed marked items in the work space projects , its messy or cluttered (so I don’t feel motivated).

And idea voice occurred to myself now : maybe try something literally “stop - STOP! Trying to use my asana list manager for adding new tasks (until literally all tasks are completed - and then never use it again for making new tasks - just use it as reference storage to show things I was thinking about in the past for example? SV

So - what should be my new list manager? This worth upload and try share with as many users. such as recently @Mrs-Polifax or @FocusGuy or @chrisstribbs comes to mind

part one "

STN
Difficult question. May be something you feel easy like apple note as you saw or paper time for you to incorporate Gtd into yours habits. complicated / complex things leads to disaster.

Last edited:

part one "

STN
The mess with completed tasks is easily fixed by setting up a filter showing only incomplete tasks...

I believe that Asana can serve as a fairly good GTD list manager even if I switched to something else. Whatever you end up with, keep in mind that a new tool may not be the solution - make sure that you focus on GTD as a practice, so that you don't fall into the trap of thinking that a new tool will "repair" your practice and habits.

The mess with completed tasks is easily fixed by setting up a filter showing only incomplete tasks...
I'm not sure that's possible - to filter incomplete tasks ?
maybe would help - if showed how do it ?
I believe that Asana can serve as a fairly good GTD list manager
yeah but i also want what best
even if I switched to something else. Whatever you end up with, keep in mind that a new tool may not be the solution - make sure that you focus on GTD as a practice, so that you don't fall into the trap of thinking that a new tool will "repair" your practice and habits.
right"

your writing the name of digital app or - to tell me use paper ?

How do I do so
Depends if you prefer digital of paper.
Apple note is a very powerfull and simple app for gtd. On another hand paper gives a better control. I always thought that when you begin gtd it would be better to stay on paper for almost one year.
your writing the name of digital app or - to tell me use paper ?

How do I do so? "
Take a paper binder and write a sheet for every subjects. Habits for examole and jot your habits. If you notice you like seeing your email at 10 pm write it. Review these notes regularly. It is the kaizen way.

May i confess to you something ?
You know i love testing software. I tested many softwareand went quiet far with omnifocus which can be sincerely sometime complicated. Nothing is worth paper. That s remind me what ryder caroll said about the bullet journal. He suffers of hdhd. The bujo gaves him a sense of control. I think the more we makes s’things complex the more it means it is unclear and unclarified

Clarify is a crucial strp in gtd. Diving into a software or changing all the time is a mistake. I made it and still do sometime

In fact gtd principle are simple. Every item in your system must be updated in less than 20 second if it is not there is a problem

I'm not sure that's possible - to filter incomplete tasks ?
maybe would help - if showed how do it ?
It's definitely possible, I used it all the time.
Here's an article:

https://platinumpartner.com.au/how-to-hide-completed-tasks-in-asana-a-detailed-step-by-step-guide/

Yeah but i also want what best

That's both subjective and individual. Asana works well for GTD, but there was something in the mobile app that I didn't want to live with, so I created my own system in Notion. Not sure that this is the 'best' solution for everyone...

Depends if you prefer digital of paper.
maybe I prefer paper cos of my limitations with digital
Apple note is a very powerfull and simple app for gtd. On another hand paper gives a better control. I always thought that when you begin gtd it would be better to stay on paper for almost one year.
right maybe I should try that a year?
Yeah note is powerful
erm how does paper give "better control"?
Take a paper binder
a binder is a type of file or sheet
and write a sheet for every subjects.
subjects such as projects your saying
Habits for examole
a typo?
and jot your habits. If you notice you like seeing your email at 10 pm write it. Review these notes regularly. It is the kaizen way.
your saying try to develop habits
May i confess to you something ?
You know i love testing software. I tested many softwareand went quiet far with omnifocus which can be sincerely sometime complicated. Nothing is worth paper.
right
That s remind me what ryder caroll
never herd
said about the bullet journal. He suffers of hdhd
Adhd i presume you mean, I have similar symptoms
. The bujo gaves him a sense of control. I think the more we makes s’things complex the more it means it is unclear and unclarified

Clarify is a crucial strp in gtd. Diving into a software or changing all the time is a mistake. I made it and still do sometime
right
In fact gtd principle are simple. Every item in your system must be updated in less than 20 second if it is not there is a problem
right what do you mean "Every item in your system must be updated in less than 20 second if it is not there is a problem"

S

it reads
"

Locate the Filter Icon​

Once you’ve selected the project, look for the filter icon. The icon is represented by a filter-shaped symbol or a funnel and is placed near the top of the project view. If you’re using the older version of Asama, the icon can be found around the sidebar of the project view."

I was able to do it !
yes
That's both subjective and individual. Asana works well for GTD, but there was something in the mobile app that I didn't want to live with, so I created my own system in Notion. Not sure that this is the 'best' solution for everyone...

"Asana works well for GTD, but there was something in the mobile app that I didn't want to live with, so I created my own system in Notion."

What exactly do you mean by this? I am definitely not best with the app version "

S

right maybe I should try that a year?
Yes try paper for a Year if possible and stick to GTD principles

Yeah note is powerful
erm how does paper give "better control"?
It's a mental process. Science has proved that the brain has a better acceptance with paper than with digital. Digital is like a bottomless pit. See Ryder Carol videos about the power of writing on you tube
https://www.youtube.com/@bulletjournal
+ first see the video of Ryder about what is the bullet journal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm15cmYU0IM

The bullet journal method is close to GTD in many ways. As we speak about GTD, I won't explain here.

a binder is a type of file or sheet
A binder is that
Capture d’écran 2024-10-14 à 13.41.46.png
right what do you mean "Every item in your system must be updated in less than 20 second if it is not there is a problem"
I mean that every system must be able to let you find every information in less than 20 second
In every good software if you'r looking to something the search field show you a list then you go to what your are searching. On paper it can be longer for example if I search a paper folder it takes me less than 30 second (every thing is sorted alphabetically.)

Last edited:
Yes try paper for a Year if possible and stick to GTD principles
By chance - I was just thinking of writing to your previous post about using paper (and see you replied further) *1
It's a mental process. Science has proved that the brain has a better acceptance with paper than with digital. Digital is like a bottomless pit
"is one reason for this because - its just easier to work with paper in a physical version cos its simpler?
Ah yes, thanks . erm I have 3 of these in my room right now - I just checked, one of them empty.
erm is it worth that I get another empty binder to help? should I add this to my list or ask others first?
I mean that every system must be able to let you find every information in less than 20 second
This is the first time I have herd this?
In every good software if you'r looking to something the search field show you a list then you go to what your are searching.
OK.
On paper it can be longer for example if I search a paper folder it takes me less than 30 second (every thing is sorted alphabetically.)
Right - you have experience using a paper folder system.

1. 'maybe its worth you show demonstrate how exactly it works?

was going write further trivial stuff
such as literally next actions:

1) maybe first "is there other posts or info on this fourm about using or developing a paper system? [https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/search/26262/?q=paper+gtd&o=date] How many posts?

2) did Allen write about it?

3)or it could be worth I try search further resources about paper system myself.

P.S.

I would think to myself
without...

the best way to do a paper folder system - would be use a binder, use the metal clip attachment, maybe use something card paper - to separate the sections (as is similar to a digital asana list manager where has "projects" for example @agendas @Home @Maybe) etc - is this correct?

P.s. 2
or having further words stuff in head

that - it in theory best thing myself could do is try to list all projects /tasks (which are related to money or aka health ) and maybe list them in a certain order for example "which is worth the much, has the most potential (words looking for are potential to make a certain amount?)

S

"is one reason for this because - its just easier to work with paper in a physical version cos its simpler?
It is the writing hand process - See Ryder videos he explains that very well.
Ah yes, thanks . erm I have 3 of these in my room right now - I just checked, one of them empty.
erm is it worth that I get another empty binder to help? should I add this to my list or ask others first?
One binder is OK mine is full of sheet per topic. I have many dividers A>Z. For this way of references see on canal + or Netflix (I don't remember where) in the head of Bill gates (it is a videos about him and he explains how he does with his binders. Very interesting.

Eg A>Z sorting : Company, article to read, entrepreneurship, Finance, Formation, GTD, Juridique, and so on... Each topic is dated. I make dividers with a color sheet of paper and a big self-adhesive label or a pieces of paper I bend and glue !

The principle is simple. Each topic has his own paper sheet. If you work on something you just read the relative paper sheet and report your next action into you system. It works like a charm. 10 second for finding anything !

If someone call me and speck about a new building he wants to give me I just take a paper sheet, I have a big stack under ma desk write the date, who it comes from and notes everything. Then when it is done is is reported in xls and after it is classified in the section Offres at the top (it is new). Then I report my clients later on that paper sheet.

This principle works for everything

The most important is to review. Each week I read the all binder and eliminate, add new projects and so on... It is a part of my weekly review (clarified)

Last edited:
From following your threads over the past months, I can see that you have made progress with learning the GTD habits but that you struggle with equipment and software. When there is a problem with your software, you struggle to find a way to resolve it.

My suggestion would be to use pencil and paper for your GTD lists. Solutions to problems with a list written with pencil and paper are always simple. You either cross out (or rub out) the incorrect part and write it again, or write the entire list out again.

Please don't consider pencil and paper to be a downgrade. I use pencil and paper for my lists and I find that it suits me much better than digital list managers.

Please don't consider pencil and paper to be a downgrade. I use pencil and paper for my lists and I find that it suits me much better than digital list managers.
For years I have used paper. I agree with @cfoley It is an elegant and very efficient solution. Software are good when you have tons of datas and need to check a lot of items. Paper doesn't need electricity, it can be opened easily, it is fast and easy review and. it doesn't give anxiety and GTD seems to be much easier with paper. I struggled a lot with Omnifocus and keep it only because it manage everything in my life and happily works very well !

Last edited:
it reads
"

Locate the Filter Icon​

Once you’ve selected the project, look for the filter icon. The icon is represented by a filter-shaped symbol or a funnel and is placed near the top of the project view. If you’re using the older version of Asama, the icon can be found around the sidebar of the project view."

I was able to do it !
yes
Great! Did that make you more happy with Asana as a tool?
"Asana works well for GTD, but there was something in the mobile app that I didn't want to live with, so I created my own system in Notion."

What exactly do you mean by this? I am definitely not best with the app version "
All of a sudden, it took too many clicks to capture something into my mind sweep list.

It's all described in detail in this thread:

It is the writing hand process - See Ryder videos he explains that very well.
I've - don't know who Ryder is
One binder is OK mine is full of sheet per topic.
OK
"I had an idea to use the one binder for fitness info tho
maybe I should - use
I have many dividers A>Z.
I don't know if what I have is best - I remember I just had some coloured card type product which can use in binders, could check
For this way of references see on canal
Cancal?
+ or Netflix (I don't remember where)
you keep entertainment stuff in a binder?
in the head of Bill gates (it is a videos about him and he explains how he does with his binders.
' mark tassi says Gates is evil" erm
or what does bill gates got to do with binders or GTD?
Very interesting.

Eg A>Z sorting : Company, article to read, entrepreneurship, Finance, Formation, GTD, Juridique, and so on... Each topic is dated. I make dividers with a color sheet of paper and a big self-adhesive label or a pieces of paper I bend and glue !
your referencing some different sort of system then "working in projects" ?
or trying give example of filing projects in A>Z sorting - is that it?
Could you explain more

maybe worth I ask show pic of your divders?
The principle is simple. Each topic has his own paper sheet. If you work on something you just read the relative paper sheet and report your next action into you system. It works like a charm. 10 second for finding anything !
topic - a plain A4 or lined
"eport your next action into you system." what ?write it down and file it with that?
If someone call me and speck about a new building he wants to give me I just take a paper sheet, I have a big stack under ma desk write the date, who it comes from and notes everything. Then when it is done is is reported in xls and after it is classified in the section Offres at the top (it is new). Then I report my clients later on that paper sheet.
This principle works for everything

The most important is to review. Each week I read the all binder and eliminate, add new projects and so on... It is a part of my weekly review (clarified)
right im not at your level "

The tool is irrelevant. Don't make this so complicated. Make a list called projects. put a project on the list. And put the very next action on your context list. It's really that simple. When you are at that context do that action. Use paper, onenote, asana, evernote, todoist it doesn't matter.

I've - don't know who Ryder is
Ryder Caroll creator of the bullet journal method- see the link of videos UP
you keep entertainment stuff in a binder?
My blender contains every references material I need to track. As I explained previously there are many subject (see my examples up)
r what does bill gates got to do with binders or GTD?
I don't think BG use GTD. Anyway I was amazed that as a founder of Microsoft he still use paper and binders
maybe worth I ask show pic of your divders?
Capture d’écran 2024-10-15 à 07.47.28.png
right im not at your level "
Take your time yo understand GTD. The best advice I would give you would be what wrote
The tool is irrelevant. Don't make this so complicated. Make a list called projects. put a project on the list. And put the very next action on your context list. It's really that simple. When you are at that context do that action. Use paper, onenote, asana, evernote, todoist it doesn't matter.
There is nothing better than that. @fooddude gave the best advice. just a waiting for list and a someday may be list. Do it on paper Try one month. apply GTD everything will be all right. Tool is irrelevant. I have applied GTD to many software. including apple note

Capture d’écran 2024-10-15 à 07.54.01.png
The best system I ever used during almost 20 years of GTD, the best which was fast, easy, efficient were sheets of paper like I did with apple pages. As you know I use Omnifocus now. it took me years and years to set it correctly according to GTD, my needs and my own organizational process.
Sincerely sometime I dream coming back to paper with my simple binder GTD / REFERENCE material. May be one day I will throw away all that software and come back to paper definitively or use a kind of ink tablet like the Remarkable witch may be (Is it really ?) like paper.

@TimBourne I wish you the best to settle your system. I begin a new cycle of hard work. I won't be present in the forum for a while.

Ryder Caroll creator of the bullet journal method- see the link of videos UP
Your saying I should look videos up of this person on the web?
My blender contains every references material I need to track. As I explained previously there are many subject (see my examples up)
You meant to write binder?
not a smoothie blender - right
right
I don't think BG use GTD. Anyway I was amazed that as a founder of Microsoft he still use paper and binders
Bill gates didn't use GTD? but - you know he used lots of Binders or papers ? How? Or you didn't have anything other to think/right on my comment that Bill is a person who has been shown to be evil - and trying to trick of fool people with false V@ccine information (according to persons on YT) ... SV
Thanks for picture here I asked - those are a4 coloured cards ? I can save this picture and try to copy it ?
Take your time yo understand GTD.
right there's only one way to do
The best advice I would give you would be what wrote
what food dude wrote
There is nothing better than that. @fooddude gave the best advice. just a waiting for list and a someday may be list. Do it on paper Try one month. apply GTD everything will be all right. Tool is irrelevant. I have applied GTD to many software. including apple note

View attachment 2036
here is a picture Jpeg of your digital list manager - I thought wrote only used paper?
The best system I ever used during almost 20 years of GTD, the best which was fast, easy, efficient were sheets of paper
you mentioned before paper is best
like I did with apple pages.
I haven't herd of that ? is apple pages something I can access?
As you know I use Omnifocus now.
You mentioned this
it took me years and years to set it correctly according to GTD, my needs and my own organizational process.
right
Sincerely sometime I dream coming back to paper with my simple binder GTD / REFERENCE material.
Why don't you do it? "
May be one day I will throw away all that software and come back to paper definitively or use a kind of ink tablet like the Remarkable witch may be (Is it really ?) like paper.
right
ink tablet idea
@TimBourne I wish you the best to settle your system. I begin a new cycle of hard work. I won't be present in the forum for a while.

P.S. after thoughts
"one of my ideas for focus guy literally - was to upload a video - with your username in title etc , online - about the recent posts you have made , helping me

STN