GTD with Office 2.0: Ismael Ghalimi

Tara

Registered
Hi all,

Pulled the most recent In Conversation CD out of the PO Box yesterday and started listening on the way out to hike with dogs this morning. WOW! What a great interview. The idea of having 1,000 NA's just about blew a circuit in my brain, though.

If you're interested in exploring how Ismael uses Office 2.0 for GTD, check out his post here: http://www.gtdtimes.com/2008/04/03/getting-things-done-with-office-20/

Best wishes for your GTD,
Tara

mwinn

Registered
Agreed!

Wonderful interview -- I listened from iTunes as I've just moved and the CD hasn't caught up with me yet. Gave me a lot to think about in terms of moving to being more on-line, especially with two office locations now!

MichaelD

Registered
Plaxo works for me

Hey there,

In this interview David and Ismael talked a bit about how to stay connected to spouses through technology. That reminded me of how my wife and I use Plaxo:

• It basically duplicates key Outlook data to the "cloud" so that I can access it online.
  • It also makes it easy and seemless to sync two PCs in different locations automatically using the same "cloud" as the reference point.
  • My wife and I use it to share calendars in Outlook. We're not on an exchange server - but by setting up both Outlooks on the same Plaxo account we can share calendars (we could share other lists like tasks but we choose not to).

I believe there are several other web-based services that offer similar benefits as well. I use this b/c it was the first one I stumbled on and it seems to work quite well.

One word of warning. Check with your IT folks before installing as some groups might find this kind of web-accessibility a security risk.