GTD Workbook

bcmyers2112

He does the hokey pokey
I do most of my posting in the GTD Connect forum these days but I wanted to be sure to post this to as wide an audience as possible. Having fallen off the GTD bandwagon hard, I decided to check out the Getting Things Done Workbook to see if there was anything in it that could help me.

I'm just about finished, and it has helped me. And how.

Because it presents the fundamentals of GTD in the simplest way possible, it has given me a foundation in GTD like I've never had before. My system is close to being rebuilt, and for the first time GTD isn't stressful for me. It's becoming downright fun.

Whether you're a beginner, or someone like me who fell off the wagon, or an experienced GTDer who might want a refresher course, I can't recommend this workbook strongly enough. It's given me a great foundation for re-reading the Getting Things Done book again. I think it's going to feel like a very different book this time.

Hi Bill. Out of interest, how long did it take you to go through the rebuilding process using the book? I'm about to begin a similar process myself (in fact I will have done so by the time you reply to this, as I hope you will), and I'd be interested to know.

Hi Bill. Out of interest, how long did it take you to go through the rebuilding process using the book? I'm about to begin a similar process myself (in fact I will have done so by the time you reply to this, as I hope you will), and I'd be interested to know.
I'm happy to reply. I started on 8/13 and am almost finished as of today. I am about to do my first weekly review, which will probably be an all-day affair due to some backlog I need to tackle. Thankfully, as a self-employed person I have that luxury, but if I didn't I could easily defer dealing with the backlog.

The book recommends breaking things up over a period of few weeks like I did, but I don't think you'd have to. I didn't have a functional GTD system, so I needed the time. Others with systems in better shape might get through the workbook in a shorter timespan. It's a very easy, quick read. That helps.

I do most of my posting in the GTD Connect forum these days but I wanted to be sure to post this to as wide an audience as possible. Having fallen off the GTD bandwagon hard, I decided to check out the Getting Things Done Workbook to see if there was anything in it that could help me.

I'm just about finished, and it has helped me. And how.

Because it presents the fundamentals of GTD in the simplest way possible, it has given me a foundation in GTD like I've never had before. My system is close to being rebuilt, and for the first time GTD isn't stressful for me. It's becoming downright fun.

Whether you're a beginner, or someone like me who fell off the wagon, or an experienced GTDer who might want a refresher course, I can't recommend this workbook strongly enough. It's given me a great foundation for re-reading the Getting Things Done book again. I think it's going to feel like a very different book this time.
it's good isn't it? I got a copy for my partner who has sort-of looked at it, but I use it more as a refresh / reinvigorate tool. Actually I might need to do that again soon...