GTD4T - Getting Things Done for Teens - July 10, 2018

TesTeq

Registered
Correction: No Next Action contexts. All Next Actions go to one action list.
I asked Mike Williams (@GTDmw) on Twitter:
TesTeq said:
Why @contexts are for adults only? No @WaitingFor which is extremely useful in school too. No @Mom & @Dad...
He answered:
GTDmw said:
It was a simplification choice.
Principle: make your system as complex as needed and as simple as possible.
First move for this audience, build a next action list - which can include Waiting For.
Contexts = advanced move mainly driven by volume of next actions.
Thank you, @GTDmw !

SherriLB

Registered
Correction: No Next Action contexts. All Next Actions go to one action list.

Since there are no contexts, there are no @WaitingFor or @Mom, or @Dad lists. I think the @WaitingFor list is extremely useful when you work and play with other people.

Maybe we should ask @GTDmw why there are no contexts in #GTD4T.

Now some thoughts about your daughter:

I don't know your daughter. It's good that she uses Bullet Journal but if she has trouble sleeping there is some room for improvement. I think you should give her "GTD for Teens" and tell her that this book is for younger teenagers too, so she can skip the obvious parts. On the other hand the first 48 pages contain some advanced thoughts about human brain. She may like it or not (if not she can skip it too). She can also begin from the end ("Sources" chapter) where she can find the whole book in diagrams.

The strong and very useful points of this book are:
- description of the Natural Planning Model (the Planning Map);
- description of the importance of checklists.
These two topics may help your daughter reduce some stress.

PS. Myggy (a monkey) and Cortland (an owl) appear in the video trailer so if your daughter liked it there is no danger. ;-)

Thank you so much for taking the time to break this down for me. I will buy her the book and perhaps one for myself, too. :)