• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTDs compatability with Avidian's Prophet

  • Thread starter Thread starter tucker
  • Start date Start date
T

tucker

Guest
I am trying the trial GTD software. I am also planning to buy the Prophet software (contact management for Outlook) which is marketed by Avidian. Does anyone have experience with doing this and are they compatible? Redundant?
 
I am using Prophet 2004 and the add-in I use prophet for all sales related things like proposals, quotes, follow up calls etc. As it manages these very well. This I do so I don't end up with a project list a mile long as I would have to list each sales opportunity as a project.

As prophet uses all of outlooks native tasks, contacts etc I find it easy to blend it in with GTD add in. For example a follow up call task in prophet gets the action @calls etc. Write proposal gets @office etc.

GTD Add-in projects I use for anything else sales budget, larger proposals where I am putting together a bid, where I need to bring in outside help, i.e. engineering, production etc.

To date this has worked wonderfully for me. You might not find that you need the add-in if majority of your time is on sales opportunities, and you don't have a large list of non sales opportunity projects.

Other than that I love Prophet, after working in Act, and outlook Business contact manager (BCM), this is the most logical and least intrusive solution.

Hope this helps
 
Top