Handling Start Date vs. Due Dates in Todoist

MichaelB212

Registered
I am considering moving from my beloved Things 3 to Todoist for the cross-platform functionality (I’m PC at work and Mac at home). One of the features I love in Things is the ability to assign tasks both a start date and due date/deadline. In Todoist, which doesn’t support this feature, a method I’ve tried is to have a Tickler “project” for those tasks with future start dates (I know these technically belong on my calendar, but I really prefer to keep them in my list manager). It works fine, but I am curious if anyone out there has another method that works well for them?

Morten

Registered
I am considering moving from my beloved Things 3 to Todoist for the cross-platform functionality (I’m PC at work and Mac at home). One of the features I love in Things is the ability to assign tasks both a start date and due date/deadline. In Todoist, which doesn’t support this feature, a method I’ve tried is to have a Tickler “project” for those tasks with future start dates (I know these technically belong on my calendar, but I really prefer to keep them in my list manager). It works fine, but I am curious if anyone out there has another method that works well for them?
That is actually exactly how I do this too: Todoist cannot handle start days, so I have a tickler list, and when tasks show up in the today view, and I see it comes from tickler, I assign it to a "real" context.

If the task is called "start working on xxx" I remove the due date.
If the task is called "xxx must be done today/by xx date", I keep/modify the date.

Yes, in theory it should be on the calendar, but I want all tasks to be in my task manager, and with Todoist/calendar integration, it will show up in my calendar anyway.

SKSARA20

Registered
I had same issue moving from Omnifocus. I have created label @due and add it to tasks that are due along with the date. One without @due label it is start date. Working well for me.

Hope this helps.