Have you taken the GTD-Q lately?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Since the GTD-Q is a situational test--based on how you are currently doing--I find it helpful to retake it every now again. In fact, as a Connect member, your past results are saved, so it can be great data to take it at different times based on your current workload, mood, time of year etc., to see how it shifts around

Tara

Registered
Thanks for the reminder

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the suggestion. I took it again (this is my 4th time) and, to my surprise, found myself in Capt and Commander. Is there any meaning to the placement of the result within the quadrant? I was on the lower left, toward the center this time.

Thanks,
Tara

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Yes, here's what that means

There is quite a complex statistical engine behind that GTD-Q (I'll have Robert share that sometime!) Here's what that means:

Results of your past GTD-Q assessments are plotted on a 4x4 grid, above. The higher your score in the perspective category, the closer to the top your score will be. The higher your score in the control category, the further to the right your score will be. The graph is shaded from orange (low) to blue (high).

Your most recent score is designated by a dark outline around that box. Inside the box, a date representing the most recent time you earned this score appears for every score available. Below this, the total number of times you earned this score appears for every score.

These two links have lots of good data on this:

Attached files

Tara

Registered
Drifting toward the lower left...

Hi Kelly,

thanks for the clarification. Hope I'm not entering a trend to the lower left!

Thanks,
Tara

Oogiem

Registered
I just took it again for the 5th time. What I find fascinating is that all of my scores have been on the top row in terms of perspective but have varied in terms of control. The trend is also from least control to most over time. It is certainly more interesting to look at the scores over time, mine cover about 10 months. I can see exactly when I switched GTD systems too.

Thanks for the reminder to look again.