Having checklists as part of a project

Nigel

Registered
So what am i missing here please ?

if i have a project which generates actions that are managed using a checklist then where is the checklist specified in the actions i must complete as part of my project.

For example. This year i have a project to get my garden into shape and obviously cutting the grass and hedge are regular actions over a year. Whereas my one off actions such a repairing the drive and walls are listed on my plan as diy activities. For example:

1. Paint gate
2. Repair front wall
3. Repair patio
4. Replace garden furniture

Checklist
-----------
Mow lawn once a fortnight.
Cut Hedge every two months (for example)

So where do i keep my checklist in relation to my project actions ?
Should i refer to my checklist on my list of next action or just keep a checklist for each week, month, quarter or the whole year ?

Any ideas please ?

David Parker

GTD Connect
You could put the two checklist items on your Calendar (or in Reminders if you're macOS or iOS) as repeating events. They're not part of a project as they'll never complete . . .

Nigel

Registered
Ah of course , that is true and so obvious i was missing it. So now i appreciate that the checklists are not part of project except that the project can kick off the creation and startup of the checklists. Thanks. I suppose i could set start and end dates for the checklist. No i just have to understand what other details there are associated with the checklist.

I suppose i could create a checklist that lasted for just a year which means there would be 26 actions to cut my lawn and 3 to cut my hedge with maybe an action to have my equipment serviced at the end of the year to bring matters to a close or even a seasonal checklist.... Mmmm that gives me lots to think of thank you.