• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Help with note taking

Before GTD, I was trying to keep everything in my head. Now, most of the time, I write things down, and I start to like it.

Still I want to improve my note taking skills, specially during meetings, but also while working on projects. I've tried using One Note or Evernote, but I now prefer using paper notebooks. I have 2, one 8.5 x 11 with hardcover that I take to meetings, use at my desk and use as writing board, and a small Moleskine that I carry with me everywhere to empty my head.

I'm a Business Solutions Analyst (consulting firm), and I need to keep track of the time I spend on projects and meetings, along with notes of the work I did during that time.

What I'm looking for is some ressource on the web to help me become a better notetaker.

Thanks
 
Here is a link to one website I frequent with a post about taking notes:

http://hwebbjr.typepad.com/openloops/2005/04/power_notetakin.html

My suggestion is to search in Google for "business note taking", or just "note taking", (although that will probably get you a lot of erroneous results). You can also look for "Cornell note taking".

If you haven't already searched, there are a lot of Moleskine sites that have information on writng and taking notes also.

Sorry I don't have specific places to send you. I use OneNote also and have used EverNote in the past. I've never been too concerned with how I take electronic notes since searching them is easy.
 
Top