• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Hooray, I completed my first Weekly Review. It only took....

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChrisSweetland
  • Start date Start date
C

ChrisSweetland

Guest
I believe I need some fine tuning of my Weekly Review Process. I literally took a Weekly Review Checklist which included the following items:

Review Waiting For and Needs Action email folders;
Collect loose papers
Process meeting notes and phone call notes;
Review previous calendar data;
Review upcoming calendar data;
Empty your head;
Review action lists;
Review project lists;
Review relevant checklists;

and I started my review at 8:00 am this morning. When it was all said and done, it was 4:36 pm (ouch! :cry: I must admit that I had a client lunch from 11:30am to 1:45pm.

I have exactly 389 items on my "Outcomes List" (doesn't include "Personal Outcomes").

Any ideas?
[/list]
 
Congrats on wading thru the whole review! I found, and a lot of people posting seem to agree, that the first one was a bear. But they get easier and easier the more you keep up with them. (Which I wish I did more regularly).

Now that you've got some momentum, take a moment or two to congratulate yourself. Then start working those lists... :wink:
 
Re: Hooray, I completed my first Weekly Review. It only took

ChrisSweetland said:
and I started my review at 8:00 am this morning. When it was all said and done, it was 4:36 pm

WOW,

Congratulations on getting this done! Out of curiousity, how many things did you actually get finished during the review? (Phone calls, e-mails, etc?)
 
Good question Jason.

Thank you for the other posts.

Jason, I know where you are going with your question about the number of things I got done during my Weekly Review. I assume you are talking about 2 Minute get them dones?! Other than responding to some emails, I really didn't "do" anything during this time.

I didn't make any telephone calls because my telephone calls always take longer than 2 minutes. I cleared the deck during my weeekly review of all calls by forwarding my phone directly to voice mail (I will be busy making calls on Monday!).

I did send out a host of emails as I cleared out my "Needs Action" and "Waiting For" email folders. If I were to estimate, it was probably 50 emails sent.

I did not act on any other in-box items. I simply processed them through the GTD workflow model.

Unfortunately, I simply get bombarded with papers, emails and voice mails throughout the week so my inbox was cascading with things to process during my weekly review.

I guess I will simply report back on how my next couple of Weekly Reviews go.

Next week will be interesting, because I developed hundereds of N/A items from this review :D . As I process these N/As next week, I will be producing hundereds of additional N/As as some of my projects move forward. Whether I do a better job of moving all of my projects forward due to GTD or have a physical or mental breakdown will be a key indicator of how well GTD is working for me.

Thanks for your input !!!![/quote]
 
Top