• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Hotmail/Gmail. Creating Email Draft

hammersxo

Registered
I’m particularly intrigued by going back to Outlook so that I can produce drafts of emails without having to have the aol mail login temptation of my inbox sitting in the background as I do on the browser version (Chrome) of Gmail.
Thanks
Rio
 
Last edited:
If you have Gmail set to be your default platform to open mailto: links, you can set one up and then bookmark the page it takes you to. In Gmail at least it's a full-page compose window with no inbox in the background.

528071C7-8F4C-449F-96AF-A21391AB380D.png

Just bookmark any old website, then edit the bookmark so the link is:

mailto:emailaddress@gmail.com

That's what I do at least.
 
Top