How can you setup GTD on Windows Phone 8 and sync tasks with Exchange/Outlook?

gbh

Registered
I have my GTD system setup with Outlook 2013 using outlook categories for the GTD contexts. I got a new Windows Phone 8 and have it syncing to our exchange server to sync tasks but now realize Windows Phone 8 does not support categories so I have my tasks on the phone but no contexts. Anyone know of a solution to work around this that they are happy to recommend?

gbh

Registered
How can you setup GTD on Windows Phone 8 and sync tasks with Exchange/Outlook?

http://www.rememberthemilk.com (RTM) has an integration for Outlook called MilkSync that syncs Outlook tasks to the RTM cloud.

They do not provide a Windows Phone 8 app yet, however they do list a number of 3rd party Windows Phone apps here: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/

The Milkman Windows Phone App seems to be the only one with active support (I think the others have not had any updates in a year or more). A little slow to sync, but other than that seems very good.

Great! Now I have a functioning windows phone 8 system!

Marc Jonckers

Registered
Hi all,
Same issue here. I've just bought a Lumia 920 and I'm using Netcentrics add-on. The Lumia includes a very good synch with my office Exchange server but I cannot sort by context either; it'd be really cool to be able to view tasks and projects just as they appear on my laptop Outlook client indeed!

jgough

Registered
Hi, same issue. I could not use cloud, IP reasons. I am looking for direct sync between Outlook and my iPhone using MS Exchange (allowed). I did not get any solution for this yet. I will replace my iPhone with any other if it keeps tasks with categories and the rest as it is in my Outlook. Do MS want this as strategy?
One of my frustrations with GTD is having all my thought at the office and not able to review them at any time in my phone.
Please help! What is possible? Any hint?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
jgough;108347 said:
Hi, same issue. I could not use cloud, IP reasons. I am looking for direct sync between Outlook and my iPhone using MS Exchange (allowed). I did not get any solution for this yet. I will replace my iPhone with any other if it keeps tasks with categories and the rest as it is in my Outlook. Do MS want this as strategy?
One of my frustrations with GTD is having all my thought at the office and not able to review them at any time in my phone.
Please help! What is possible? Any hint?

Have you tried iMExchange? We have not evaluated it (we're not on Exchange), but have heard some good things about it.

jgough

Registered
Hi Kelly, thank you. Just quick check on iTunes. Last update in 2011 and three stars, sounds no so good. Does anyone use it?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
jgough;108350 said:
Hi Kelly, thank you. Just quick check on iTunes. Last update in 2011 and three stars, sounds no so good. Does anyone use it?

Ah, I see what you mean. Seems like it's not working for people in Outlook or Exchange 2010. Sorry about that!