• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How do process the inbox????

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jose Gonzalez
  • Start date Start date
J

Jose Gonzalez

Guest
Hello, I am a novice in the GTD , have initiated, but I have a blockade mental on which exactly I must do. When process something of the inbox and I make the next action I must then:
- to continue with the following element of the inbox.
- to continue with the same element of the inbox with the next action of the same one.
That is to say, if for example, the subject is request of a scholarship, then, the first step is to go by the form, and next action could be to fill the form and soon to request letters of recommendation for example. I must make those actions or also single do first and to continue soon with the process. If I must continue, even when... and why?. Thank you very much.

Reader from Costa Rica (Central America) :-D
 
If the next action is less than two minutes, do it right away. Otherwise write it on one of your lists and do it when you have the energy/time/etc.

Your next action may be to fill out the paperwork and submit it rather than just get the form, fill it out, etc. How much you break it down into steps depends on how much you need it to be broken down in order to get it done. If just "filling out the paperwork and submitting it" doesn't overwhelm you, then that is your next step. If you need to work to find the correct paperwork, then that might be a stand-alone step. Just try it and you'll figure out what works for you.
 
Have you seen this tool? It may assist....

Jose Gonzalez said:
When process something of the inbox and I make the next action I must then:
- to continue with the following element of the inbox.
- to continue with the same element of the inbox with the next action of the same one.

http://www.davidco.com/tips_tools/tip33.html

I kind of think about processing my inbox like reading a book.

I take out the bookmark, read for a while, and when I decide to stop reading...put the bookmark back in.

In the InBox model...the next action IS the bookmark.
 
Top