How do you name your projects in the Project list?

Borisoff

Registered
I used to name all my projects starting with Company name and then project name. But I found that David Allen suggested to name them starting with a verb. In my case it would be "Sell system X to ABC company". How do you put that in your projects list?

Btw do you note somehow what Focus Area this project belongs to and how?

Regards,

Eugene.

dekki

Registered
I add a date to my projects

I have found the putting a date on my projects help. I usually put the date first (i.e. 09/10/06) because I use the outlook add-in. This sorts the projects for my a better. I like the idea of "putting a stake in the ground by putting the date on the project. I always begin with a verb... this forces me to make the project action oriented.

moises

Registered
Borisoff said:
I used to name all my projects starting with Company name and then project name. But I found that David Allen suggested to name them starting with a verb. In my case it would be "Sell system X to ABC company". How do you put that in your projects list?

Btw do you note somehow what Focus Area this project belongs to and how?

Regards,

Eugene.
Something I learned on this forum a long time ago is to name my project using the following structure:

Noun PLUS Verb in Past Tense

So, when I am processing and ask myself what is the desired outcome, I imagine what it would be like if I were successful. Hence, I use the past tense to describe what it is like after the project is successfully completed.

So, if I had your project in my trusted system, I would title it, "System X SOLD to ABC Company."

One issue that I do not see a lot of discussion about here is that I find processing to be the most difficult phase of GTD. I sometimes find it scary to make decisions. I want to think about it. I want to put it back into my tickler for another week.

Naming projects is very important. This is where the decision is made as to what I am committing myself to. It's now a habit for me to use the Noun + Verb in Past Tense format. It's a very useful habit.