• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How many devices do you carry?

I've always carried a Palm (Tungstun E2, now) and a cheapie cell phone. Got a new Treo 700w but there are some things that I like my Palm (with some 3rd party software that I've purchased) for better. It also has a larger screen.

So would I be the only one that carried a smartphone for the contacts and email and a Palm for lists and other stuff? :-?
 
whitesco said:
So would I be the only one that carried a smartphone for the contacts and email and a Palm for lists and other stuff? :-?

I don't know, but I guess I'm wondering why you didn't get a Treo 700p instead of the 700w. :)

-- Tammy
 
Separate Phone and PDA

I have a Nokia dumb phone and a brand-new iPAQ 2790. When I was researching the PDA purchase, I considered a phone/pda combo but decided against them for two reasons: a) screen size and b) processing capability

So my system consists of
- laptop with Outlook for e-mail, contacts, tasks, projects-as-contacts, digital reference filing system
- iPAQ as backup and mobile system with contacts, tasks, e-mail, selected digital files
- Handyshopper (free! PPC app) for checklists and other useful information
- paper filing system at home

Claudia
 
Just the BlackBerry for me, unless you count the Levenger Circa as well! ;-)
 
Cheap phone and a PDA

I have a three year old Nokia mobile phone and an old Toshiba e-830 pda. I am a bit out of the crowd--most of my associates are totally into Blackberries and the newer MS based smartphones. I prefer to keep them separate given my propensity for using these things as tools as opposed to cherished beacons of my technology savvy. BTW: I have also been known to throw a filofax in there as well when I suffer PDA frustration.
 
Software for Windows CE

I carry a cell and a pocket pc with access to my work email. I could use a windows ce client that sync's with my outlook GTD software.

Randy
 
Tablet PC and Treo 650

My Treo is with me at all times so that I have access to my contacts, email, task lists, calendar, projects, and a place to jot down thoughts and ideas when they strike me. I take my Tablet PC with me most places, and it provides great flexibility for me to do just about anything I need to do with it. I especially enjoy using MindManager on it.
 
I cary an iPAQ 2795 with me everywhere I go, and also a cheap Audiovox cell. Of course, my Notetaker wallet is all I carry for a wallet now, so that's never too far away either.

I hope to move to a Treo soon to consolidate my gear.
 
I carry both a Treo 700P and a palm T/X. Always have carried two, either the T/X or a LD with my Treo. Guess I just like the larger screen for doing things on.
 
I carry a Motorola v710 cell phone, and a Tungsten E.

I am looking to upgrade to a 700p when they are finally released in Canada - they'll be here in time for Christmas, I'm sure, but I probably won't upgrade until January/February.
 
I carry a Blackberry 7130 and a MacBook Pro. The new Pocketmac 4.0 is a great way to fulling sync your Mac and Balckberry. Much better than the previous version.
 
Top