• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How to create printed archive of work?

I appologize if this has been asked and answered before.

For me, one of the limitations of using tools such as MS Outlook for implementing GTD is that there is no obvious way to document on paper what has been done on a, say, per-day basis. I can electronically see what Next Actions have been accomoplished. But how do I create a written record of what has been done? I use the GTD Add-In from NetCentrics, but I don't think that matters much.

I find that in comparison with using a Covey or other physical planner, I dont't have artefacts of my work.

Thanks, David McCormick
 
Won't the journal feature of Outlook work for this purpose? You can set it up to record some things automatically (e.g., Word documents opened on a given day). When I was in an Outlook environment, I used it to record my actions. You can enter what you did and how much time you spent. Then you can filter entries by day or for whatever period you want and print them out.
 
Top