• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How to date stamp specific entries in Outlook Notes

I am using the Notes function of Outlook for keeping a variety of trigger lists and ongoing focus areas. As I edit existing notes, I would like to have a date stamp for earch new entry.

I realize I can just type the date, but being a bit of a geek, it seems to me that there must be some way to have the system date stamp the entry.

Any ideas on this? I have searched this forum and looked through the help system for Outlook and have had no luck.

Thanks.
 
To solve the very same issue, I use the program Shortkeys from www.shortkeys.com. The lite version is free. It lets me define a shortcut (I use ds) that is replaced with the current date when I type it.

I use a few other shortcuts but not too many. I have about 18.

Ken
 
Top