• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

How to deal with huge projects with sub-projects?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Can anyone please explain how to deal with huge projects that have several sub-projects in Outlook (w/ add-in)? I guess you could also view these as goals.

How do you all deal with them?? How do you stop getting confused with how everything links together?

Cheers,
Markus
 
I just list them as separate projects. In my case, the sub-projects need to get done at the same time or before the big project, so I assign them the same deadline to keep them grouped together, and I also enter the first word of the sub-projects as the same word as the big project so my brain knows they're linked together, but I can still see them all on the projects list. This way they get reviewed together, but I can see clearly where each thing is. Hope that makes sense, and/or is helpful.
 
Top