• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

I Asked David Allen About His Capture Method

Thanks for sharing!
It’s great to learn that David Allen himself has moved to OneNote.
The “Movies to See” section is a simple yet good example of practical implementation.
 
Last edited:
Even though he wrote about it extensively in the GTD book, I always wondered how David Allen captures ideas into his trusted system. I'm glad I got to ask him about it.

https://youtu.be/hxl5CmgQpcw

Hope you enjoy.
I am happy to hear that David Allen is using OneNote now. I have tried so many tools over the years, but I always come back to OneNote. It is so easy to open Notebooks with tabs and just drop notes into them. You can even take a picture of something like a wine bottle directly from a OneNote note on your phone or speak a note into a OneNote note on your watch if you have one ; )
 
Top