I don't know how to manage an item

Hi there,
I don't know how to manage this item: "one month before this event, remember to do this". I don't known when this event will happen, as it is still being organized, so it can happen this autumn or next spring, no certitude.
How would you integrate such a thing to remind in your system?
Thanks for your feedback.
Cheers,
Christophe

mcogilvie

Registered
Hi there,
I don't know how to manage this item: "one month before this event, remember to do this". I don't known when this event will happen, as it is still being organized, so it can happen this autumn or next spring, no certitude.
Cheers,
Christophe
Something like this “WF date of xyz event to schedule abc 1 month before event” would work fine for me. WF stands for waiting for. I also sometimes use a question mark: “xyz date set? Schedule abc for 1 month before.”

Cpu_Modern

Registered
I would have one waiting for item:

@waitingfor: info needed "when this event will happen" (note: "one month before this event, remember to do this")

Then, when I got the date for the event I would put the "one month before this event, remember to do this" thing into the calendar or tickler at the appropriate time.

Joanne Burek

Registered
Hi there,
Cheers,
Christophe
I created a context called “Not Yet”. Items that I don’t want to see every day go here, But I review the list at every Weekly Review and move items on to an active list when it is time to do so. This is not the same as Someday, because every item is something I must do.

Dave Edwards

Registered
I keep items like this on my “Waiting For” list as I am waiting for additional information before I could schedule the event. As long as you have it written down where you won’t forget about it, you should be OK.