If interested . . . some appreciate a "GTD-ized" Refrigerator. . . .

gtdstudente

Registered
Current/Former . . . Hospitality/Food-&-Beverage Professionals appreciate the "GTD-ized" Refrigerator/Freezer

How so?

Keep a refrigerator/freezer . . . door-shelf/bin . . . E M P T Y . . . for what is to be a Next [use-up/cook/eat/grab-&-go] Action from the overall refrigerator/freezer space/experience and to have a little more easy 'eco-presence'?

Hope you too find this to be appropriate GTD engagement and makes the 'refrigerator tool-use' more GTD worthy . . . to reduce food waste that sadly contributes to food inflation . . . even starvation . . . for all those in want . . . especially children-&-elderly . . . Lord have mercy?

Last edited:

Chas29

Registered
I do something similar, although perhaps not quite so extreme. I simply try to reserve (empty) a small portion at the front of one of the shelves on the right-side of our refrigerator. I don't keep the whole shelf bare. And then when I'm preparing a meal, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, I'll "pull forward" items to be used up very soon, and try to incorporate them into the next meal or two.

Chas29

Registered
I've found it too difficult to maintain a whiteboard of "items getting old" on a daily or weekly basis. Instead, I have a kitchen whiteboard that I use once in the spring and once in the fall, when I start to feel like I have too many "old" things accumulating in my kitchen. I will take just a little time (a matter of minutes) to go through my fridge, my freezer, and my pantry, and make a list of older items that I need to use up. I will erase them over time as I use them up, and try to get the list down to zero before the next go-round in the fall (or spring).

mcogilvie

Registered
The trash goes out Thursday night, so that’s when there’s a “weekly review” of the refrigerator. A mini review occurs before a trip to the grocery store. We used to have a shopping list on the frig when the kids were little.

Oogiem

Registered
Current/Former . . . Hospitality/Food-&-Beverage Professionals appreciate the "GTD-ized" Refrigerator/Freezer

How so?

Keep a refrigerator/freezer . . . door-shelf/bin . . . E M P T Y . . . for what is to be a Next [use-up/cook/eat/grab-&-go] Action from the overall refrigerator/freezer space/experience and to have a little more easy 'eco-presence'?

Hope you too find this to be appropriate GTD engagement and makes the 'refrigerator tool-use' more GTD worthy . . . to reduce food waste that sadly contributes to food inflation . . . even starvation . . . for all those in want . . . especially children-&-elderly . . . Lord have mercy?
Any chance you can change the text to be a single standard color? I'm finding it hard to follow the point when the colors seem to have meaning but I don't have a key that tells me what colors mean what things.

Thanks

gtdstudente

Registered
Any chance you can change the text to be a single standard color? I'm finding it hard to follow the point when the colors seem to have meaning but I don't have a key that tells me what colors mean what things.

Thanks
All good . . . I get it . . . thank you:

How so?

Last edited:

gtdstudente

Registered
Ps. btw . . . color coding is gtdstudente's non-imposing four-ways to remain present in his four-Areas-of-Focus / four-Areas-of-Reality / four-Areas-of-Algorithm used/uses to remain 'grounded in reality' . . . Divine/Spiritual [Extrinsic/Intrinsic], Persons [Self {Intrinsic: Inner-Protagonist = Good Habits / Inner-Antagonists = Bad Habits } and Others {Extrinsic: Protagonists / Antagonists}], Tools/Utility/Props [Extrinsic], Fiscal/Provisions [Extrinsic]

Last edited:

Oogiem

Registered
Ps. btw . . . color coding is gtdstudente's non-imposing four-ways to remain present in his four-Areas-of-Focus / four-Areas-of-Reality / four-Areas-of-Algorithm used/uses to remain 'grounded in reality' . . . Divine/Spiritual [Extrinsic/Intrinsic], Persons [Self {Intrinsic: Inner-Protagonist = Good Habits / Inner-Antagonists = Bad Habits } and Others {Extrinsic: Protagonists / Antagonists}], Tools/Utility/Props [Extrinsic], Fiscal/Provisions [Extrinsic]
It might be better if your only use the color when discussion those areas in your implementation. For me at least it makes your messages hard to read and the meanings don't make any sense to me . I see no value in using them in what should be normal conversation.

gtdstudente

Registered
It might be better if your only use the color when discussion those areas in your implementation. For me at least it makes your messages hard to read and the meanings don't make any sense to me . I see no value in using them in what should be normal conversation.
Sorry for the GTD creativity . . . can't win 'em all?

Last edited:

gtdstudente

Registered
I actually cannot read the text at all due to the colors. Creativity is cool, it just prevents me from reading your posts.
There are others this doesn't seem to affect, so enjoy responses from those who can read your posts.

Thanks,
Clayton.
Clayton, All good . . .

Thank you

Last edited: