Illustrations from New Book?

Oogiem

Registered
Is there any place on the site where the illustration from about the middle of the book "Organizing Categories" exists in a larger form?

I have the kindle version and the picture is too small to read. I can read the inner large box but the rest is impossible. Because it's a diagram you cannot increase the size like you can the regular text.

I'd really like to see the whole diagram.

Thanks

Carla Guarisco

Registered
Good Feedback for Kindle

Hi Oogiem,

The illustrations are not available on our website.

It is arguably reasonable to want be able to enlarge illustrations as well as text.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to share your feedback with Kindle?

Take care,

Oogiem

Registered
Carla Guarisco;63668 said:
Perhaps it would be worthwhile to share your feedback with Kindle?

Already done. Since the kindle version is more expensive than the hardback version such a lack is quite serious. I was sort of expecting more from the kindle version given the price difference.

Would you consider making the drawing available somewhere? Without it all the discussion on organizing is very hard to follow...

Barb

Registered
Kindle - special note to Oogie

I've used my Kindle for a year. If I dropped it in a lake, I would immediately buy a new one. Yes, occasionally an illustration is hard to see. But it's still worth it. I read faster, I read more, I'm not going to drown in a mountain of books and I can take it all with me. What more can one ask for?

Oogie: I paid less for my Kindle version of David's new book than the hardback. Originally, the hardback cost more but the price dropped down to $14 something just before the book was released. If you contact Amazon (quickly) they will refund the price difference to you.

Also, if you wrote to Amazon about the diagram instead of calling Kindle support, you may not get much of an answer. At the very least, they'll probably give you $5 off your next purchase. They have TERRIFIC service...I am always amazed how Amazon can manage to hire and train such quality people, but other service providers make us all nuts.

sdann

Registered
Oogiem;63672 said:
Already done. Since the kindle version is more expensive than the hardback version such a lack is quite serious. I was sort of expecting more from the kindle version given the price difference.

Would you consider making the drawing available somewhere? Without it all the discussion on organizing is very hard to follow...

Which one do you need? I have the book (currently on Chapter 2) and can make a copy and scan just the illustration, if Davidco or DA permits, and post it here. otherwise, I can always tell you what is on the x or y axis or what else.

Silke

Oogiem

Registered
Barb;63673 said:
Yes, occasionally an illustration is hard to see. But it's still worth it. I read faster, I read more, I'm not going to drown in a mountain of books and I can take it all with me. What more can one ask for?

I agree, I had pretty much stopped buying books because the house is full but I have about 80 on my kindle right now and have about 30 more that I have removed because I finished them. I LOVE my kindle!

Barb;63673 said:
If you contact Amazon (quickly) they will refund the price difference to you.

Thanks, I'll try that. I did talk to kindle support BTW but didn't think to ask about the price difference.

Barb;63673 said:
They have TERRIFIC service...I am always amazed how Amazon can manage to hire and train such quality people, but other service providers make us all nuts.

I sure agree with that. This is after 2 very awful customer service incidents recently. one with HP (I will never buy another HP product) and one with Sprint (canceled a phone without notice and refuse to reinstate it with the original terms, we're looking at replacement cell carriers now)

Oogiem

Registered
sdann;63688 said:
Which one do you need?

Since the kindle does not have page numbers I can't give you a page but the illustration is used several times in the organizing chapter. I think it's Chapter 7

The center box has Organizing Categories in it there are 6 lines radiating out labeled clockwise starting at the top, Outcomes, Actions, Incubating, Support, Reference, Trash As the text talks about each section the illustration is repeated with that section highlighted. But I can't read the text that is one level below the 6 larger categories at all. I even tried it with a loupe and a microscope but the resolution on the text is so poor that just making it larger doesn't make it readable.

I would really appreciate a scanned copy, if at all possible. You can e-mail it directly to me. I am not trying to violate copyright but just see what I have already paid for.

I am not sure if there are other illustrations later, I'm not done with the book but this one is driving me nuts as I really want to see it. :)

Barb

Registered
workflow?

Oogiem;63691 said:
Since the kindle does not have page numbers I can't give you a page but the illustration is used several times in the organizing chapter. I think it's Chapter 7

The center box has Organizing Categories in it there are 6 lines radiating out labeled clockwise starting at the top, Outcomes, Actions, Incubating, Support, Reference, Trash As the text talks about each section the illustration is repeated with that section highlighted. But I can't read the text that is one level below the 6 larger categories at all. I even tried it with a loupe and a microscope but the resolution on the text is so poor that just making it larger doesn't make it readable.

I would really appreciate a scanned copy, if at all possible. You can e-mail it directly to me. I am not trying to violate copyright but just see what I have already paid for.

I am not sure if there are other illustrations later, I'm not done with the book but this one is driving me nuts as I really want to see it. :)

That sounds like the workflow diagram. Type that into the Connect search feature and take a look to see if it is. When I read the Kindle edition, I don't recall seeing anything I'd never seen before.

Oogiem

Registered
Barb;63693 said:
That sounds like the workflow diagram. Type that into the Connect search feature and take a look to see if it is.

Found 2 workflow diagrams, one is workflow and one is advanced workflow and neither is the illustration I am looking for.

Barb

Registered
Kindle buddy

Oogie,
Please look at the bottom left of your Kindle screen when you're on that page and tell me what the numbers are. I want to see exactly what you're talking about.

Look at location 2197-2200. Is that it? That's within Chapter 7 and guess what...I can read it on my Kindle!

Oogiem

Registered
Barb;63695 said:
Oogie,
Look at location 2197-2200. Is that it? That's within Chapter 7 and guess what...I can read it on my Kindle!

Yep that is another version, and I can't read the outer text at all it's too blurry to make out and even under magnification I can't read it.

Oogiem

Registered
I should look at all my options and really think before posting :)

FWIW I have my font size set on the kindle to 4 or 5 all the time, any smaller and I can't read it even with reading glasses on top of my bifocal contacts. I would not be surprised if someone with better eyes can make out the text on the illustration as it's just at the edges of what I can read with a loupe over glasses over contacts.

Just had an idea, I may take all my contacts and stuff off and try to read it, I am very nearsighted, I have almost microscopic vision from about 3 inches to about 5 inches from my face beyond that things get blurry. I might be able to make it all out at very close up or at least get good enough to pattern match to what I think it ought to be saying.

Barb

Registered
HA! Eureka!

Oogie:

Welll.....I was going to answer you privately, but I don't have my contact in and can read them just fine. They are small, though, and if you weren't very familiar with the material there are some words you might not be able to make out.

P.S. You and I are the same age.

Oogiem

Registered
sdann;63703 said:
Oogiem, can you send me your email by private message?

I just tried but couldn't send a message to you. I think I've got it handled now though, thanks!

Oogiem

Registered
UPDATE 1.2 Kindle SW has zoom on illustrations

UPDATE:

Rev 1.2 of the kindle SW now has a zoom for illustrations. I went to the one in question and I can zoom it and can now read it.

I've now also tried the zoom in several other books n kindle that I had problems reading the illustrations in and it's working in all of them.

bvkeen

Registered
Thanks for noting the 1.2 update! I installed and am delighted that I can now view all the pics within MIAW with ease.