• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Implementing GTD for Sales People

I'm taking Friday off to give myself 3 full days to implement GTD at home and work. I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to implement GTD at work without just creating a lot more duplicate work for myself. Can any sales people give me advice on how to structure a GTD system around a Business Development focused career? How do you use your GTD system along with a CRM like Siebel without it becoming overwhelming?
 
I am also in sales, and faced the same issue.

(I was using ACT at the time)

I tried to make act conform to the GTD structure and it did not quite work...

I ended up keeping sales related actions in the CRM, and personal projects/action lists in toodledo with reminders in both systems to check the other system on regular basis.
 
Top