Implementing GTD with board software - Mac OS

RegularJ

Registered
Hey,

I always read about this software and that software. But for me using an extra software/website isn’t practical.

Is anyone using GTD with the standard system tools (i.e. Mail, Reminders) and want to share their setup?

Cheers
Stephan

mcogilvie

Registered
I use Mail and Calendar. I’ve tried Reminders, and it is workable as a vanilla gtd system. Not much in the way of extras, though, and Apple has not shown it a lot of love. DAC has a setup guide in their online store.

RS356

Registered
I’d set it up as follows:

- Mail for managing all email
- Calendar for all scheduled/time dependent items
- Reminders for all actionable lists: one list per next action context, agendas, waiting for, projects, and someday/maybe
- Notes for all reference items, meeting notes, project support materials, and checklists
- iCloud for document and photo storage
- Contacts for person/address storage
- Reliance on Spotlight to quickly find items and launch programs

This can be a quite effective system of strictly using Apple products, although I'd like to see greater integration between Mail and the other programs.

David Parker

GTD Connect
As mcogilvie says, there are two Setup Guides in the GTD Connect Document Library that show you how to implement GTD using the built-in applications on the iPad and iPhone - see https://store.gettingthingsdone.com/iPhone-iPad-Setup-Guides-p/10450.htm - so you don't need any other software. The principles in these Setup Guides can me followed on the Mac. Everything will sync across the Mac, iPhone and iPad.

They're free if you are a member of GTD Connect or $10 to download them if you're not a member.

If this doesn't give you all the answers you need, then come back to the Forums.

David

Last edited: