Import in Nirvana from Todoist?

Roberto R

Registered
Hi all,
I wish to test Nirvana, but first of all I need to import from todoist to Nirvana
Any suggestion?

Thank you

FocusGuy

Registered
Hi all,
I wish to test Nirvana, but first of all I need to import from todoist to Nirvana
Any suggestion?

Thank you
No possibilities ! If it would I would use Nirvana instead of Omnifocus, for sure.
Nirvana autorize export but no imports.
It's compleately out of date and 100 % foolish for a professional use
Not even exist an export / inport in Nirvana's format...
This made me crazy !
No way to do it... Sadly...

Roberto R

Registered
Thank You FocusGuy for your kind reply. I wrote also to the Nirvana Team and they replied me the same.
They told me that the possibility to import data its a good idea for a someday maybe update

Now I m testing Todoist for actionable tasks with the Trello integration for not actionable stuff
Thank you, Have a good day

mickdodge

Registered
Hi all,
Any suggestion?

Thank you
I use and very much enjoy NirvanaHQ, but unfortunately, they do not currently have a method of importing from another application. :( You would have to manually copy and paste the tasks between systems. Tedious and incredibly time consuming, but could be beneficial for clearing out your lists and doing a complete review. I would recommend playing around with Nirvana first and make sure it does everything you need it to do.

That said, if you have any computer scripting or programming experience, it would be possible to export your Todoist data as a CSV and iterate over it to email each task to Nirvana saving you considerable copy/paste time. However, it would require a Nirvana Pro subscription ($49 lifetime) to allow for the email to task options, and you'd still need to clarify and organize each task. Again, not easy but potentially worth while if you find Nirvana as simple and as useful as I have.

Ref: https://forum.gettingthingsdone.com/threads/13-year-toodledo-user-seeking-advice-for-which-software-platform-to-move-to.16687/post-127943

Last edited:

Tammie

Registered
I've been using Todoist for a couple of years and briefly tried Nirvana last week, I couldn't get on with it at all so stuck with Todoist. I previously used Omnifocus 3 but found it overwhelming.

mcogilvie

Registered
In my experience, the time saved in automating export and import is not as large as the time you spend fixing the inevitable imperfections of the export and import process. No two apps map perfectly onto one another, or are used the same way. If they did, why would you switch?