• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Importing legacy Microsoft Money 2003 files into modern-day MM software

  • Thread starter Thread starter el_peskador
  • Start date Start date
E

el_peskador

Guest
I have all my financial records in Microsoft Money 2003 on a Dell Dimension 8100 desktop PC that was salvaged after being immersed in Hurricane Katrina's floodwaters (I have yet to complete renovation of our home, and still have a FEMA trailer in the front yard). Needless to say, for more than two years we have been undergoing "the life interrupted/disrupted". Except for a USB2 external hard-disk drive containing Norton Ghost 2003 "(whole)disk-to-image" Backup files that I had sealed in plastic and placed on the highest shelf in my home office, every shred of any kind of paper, magnetic or optical record - whether of a personal nature or business-related - was lost. This included all banking/financial/taxation/investing records, all books, all periodicals, all correspondence, all medical/insurance records and - worst of all - family photographs and mementos going back five generations.

Needless to say, the Money 2003 legacy records are absolutely critical - now more than ever - from a financial, investing and taxation standpoint. A good while back, I attempted to install the Microsoft Money 2003 software on yet another Dell computer but was totally stymied as the Sign-in Name and Password combination I submitted (the only such combination that I have ever used) could not be recognized and the installation was aborted.

Now, to my dismay I find that Microsoft has now cut off all my online services and wants me to upgrade to a current Money product. I downloaded a trial version of Microsoft Money Essentials only to discover that it was incapable of importing existing files. What I REALLY need to know is twofold: (1) what contemporary Microsoft Money product or products will allow me to import my precious legacy records; and (2) will I encounter problems - nay, will I be able to get any support - in setting up in the event my suspect Sign-in Name/Password combination presents a hurdle?
 
Top