• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Indexing Quotations

  • Thread starter Thread starter PatrickM
  • Start date Start date
P

PatrickM

Guest
Can anybody point me to a simple (software) solution for storing and indexing quotations?
I regularly preserve interesting quotes in my reading and either in my writing or public speaking, I would like to draw up sub-sets of my quotations list according to a keyword or phrase. I can't believe I'm the only with this problem.
I'd be grateful for any tips or suggestions.
 
Indexing stored documents

I have started using a search tool called Filehand that creates an index of the folders you tell it to and allows you to search your documents much like you would search Google. Results are displayed by relevence. I have started scanning reference documents and using Acrobat for the OCR recognition. It is VERY cool and has come in quite handy when I need to find something fast. Go to www.filehand.com. Best of all: they now offer the basic version for FREE!
Phil
 
Indexing Quotations

Thanks, Phil.

I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

Patrick
 
TakeNote!

Thanks for the tip. I've purchased a copy. I'll let you know how I get on.
 
Top