• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Initial Impression

  • Thread starter Thread starter bpekin
  • Start date Start date
B

bpekin

Guest
GTD was recommended by a long-time colleague. He seemed pretty happy with his progress on his business, as was I. He told me about GTD, and just for fun, I purchased the audio CD's. I spend almost 2 hours in the car each day, so I find that a great way to get my "reading" in.

After about 2 of the 3 CD's, I arrived at the office and spent the day clearing my email boxes (I have 2 accounts to manage), and got them both to ZERO MESSAGES! I'm excited, and am looking at the Outlook plug-in. I'm not yet sure how this will all pan out, but so far, I'm off to a great start!

While I didn't believe the part about reducing stress, I felt invigorated once I got this far. I'm truly excited!
 
Emptying my email inbox was, by far, the biggest hurdle to implementing the GTD system for me. I had about 8200 messages in there! After about a week and a half, I had managed to "get in to empty" but not without having considered giving up several times :)

I average around 200-400 messages per day (about 70% of which is actual corespondence I have to deal with, the other 30% is spam and various lists, etc.) so email is a huge part of my workflow.

--- JRJ
 
Top