• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Integrating Projects Other Tracking Systems w/ GTD

In my current work context, we have both project and task/issue tracking systems. I personally implement GTD (my team doesn't - they interact with the above two systems).
For people in a similar situation, how do they integrate their GTD work with other shared systems.
e.g., I need X to do task Y, so I put a task in the task/issue tracking system for X, and...
a. put a "wating for" in my GTD system
b. don't bother.
What I have been doing is putting all things that either don't belong in the shared systems (e.g., "talk w/ Barb about X") or are in the system, but are very important in my GTD system. So, they're is some duping.
 
Top