iPhone CRAZY! Nozbe, Pocket Informant, Toodledo...

TesTeq

Registered
Cloud computing unreliability.

Oogiem;65563 said:
I'm the opposite, I can't imagine using anything cloud computing based at all. Way too much security and reliability risk for my tastes.

I totally agree with you. Security is important but he most important failure of the cloud computing is its unreliability. Even Google has downtimes.

bjf123

Registered
I've got the same issue at the OP. I use Outlook at work, but have an iPhone that syncs to my Mac at home. I'm using Vitalist for my GTD program. It's web based, so I can use it at work with no trouble. You can group things by project, contact, context, priority, or date. You can have reminders sent via text message to your iPhone. For keeping my calendar in sync, I use Google Calendar which syncs with both my Outlook calendar and iCal on the iPhone. That way, I can enter something either in Outlook or on the iPhone and it will show up on the other.

nondual

Registered
I'm a big 'Things' fan. It's not as intuitive as it could be, but it's great for capture on the iPhone and crossing things off my list. My real 'thinking' and processing is done with the Mac app.

You can now filter by tags - which makes it more useful on the go if you have a large list of next actions. I don't like that you have to create an 'inbox' or 'next action' tab and then go back and edit it to add tags (on the iPhone version). That's a little clunky.

I have a project called Target List (Target store). In the notes is where I put my list and I just edit it when I'm done.

I was using VoodooPad before Things, but there's no iPhone for capture and for carrying your lists.

nondual

Registered
jjkavanagh;65525 said:
In my experience I have found that omnifocus supported contexts and projects better then things on the Iphone.
I used RTM for the past 2 years as a pro member. I would much rather give my money to RTM rather then omnifocus, but I find that in order to follow GTD on the iphone with RTM you end up making to many work arounds. It takes some of the clarity away so when I was glancing at my lists I was missing things.

How do you have your things configured on the iphone out of interest?

When I looked at OmniFocus, I realized that I'd need to make 'learning OmniFocus' a multi-part task in my GTD system! It does things that 'Things' doesn't do, but it's a lot more intimidating to learn, IMHO.

'Things' has contextual 'tags', and by filtering by tags, you basically end up with contextual lists - but those lists are 2 steps away instead of one.

alsa

Registered
I have been using Things on Mac and iPhone for a few months now after having tried pretty much most of the top competitors (Toodledo, Omnifocus, RememberTheMilk, and more recently Pocket Informant). Things is 1) easy to pick up and implement 2) appealing 3) I actually get things done with this system rather than just playing around and tinkering with it. It is the best GTD computer implementation I have ever used.

ThorstenvPK

Registered
industryofcool;65424 said:
On this forum I also found a mention of the app called note2self which makes it very easy to collect data. You just start the app, hold the phone to your ear, say what you want to record and when you hold the phone in front of you again it stops the recording and immediately mails the sound file to your e-mailadress !

I use Evernote for that, free as in simple mode, and the premium is about 40$/year. But the simple plan is enough for many notes a month, 40 MB of upload.

Text notes, speech, picture ..... nice and simple. And the clients are for web usage, mac, windows, iphone, win mobile and on.

ThorstenvPK

Registered
As a GTD tool, I used OmniFocus and Things (which is very slick), switched to RTM as a pro (but missed something), now I really love The Hit List and can´t wait for the iPhone-app.