Is GTD Connect useful if you are not active on the forums?

12hourhalfday

Registered
kelstarrising;71667 said:
Hi Brian,

I appreciate you looking at that, but it would be an expensive overhaul for us to change the Forum software. While it doesn't do everything it could, it's quite robust in being able to manage thousands of threads, user accounts and information. It's not likely we will change it out at this point.

Cheers,
Kelly
Your saying that the forum software is capable and it would be an expense to change it. I am still curious about the options out there, there have been a lot of really cool suggestions on the forums about intergrating more user created content and I am wondering if the existing engine is scalable for that purpose.

jason.verly

Registered
Do venture to the 'other' forums too?

I was curious if anyone ventures over the public forums to add their insight to questions to non-GTD Connect members. I believe that GTD Connect members have a deeper passion for continual learning and new ways to expand their GTD habits (that's why we pay the monthly fee ;) ).

But to make the entire forum community better, do you ever wade into the public forum pool?

Barb

Registered
Sometimes

jason.verly;71734 said:
I was curious if anyone ventures over the public forums to add their insight to questions to non-GTD Connect members. I believe that GTD Connect members have a deeper passion for continual learning and new ways to expand their GTD habits (that's why we pay the monthly fee ;) ).

But to make the entire forum community better, do you ever wade into the public forum pool?

I used to treat the public forums as an extension of the Connect forums, but now I only pop on once in awhile. There are many seasoned GTD-ers that participate regularly, though.

sdann

Registered
when I head into the forums I click New Posts which brings all new posts. I don't even look if they are connect or not, so I read and leave comments indiscriminately. I think most by far are connect posts. I have posted a few issues or questions in the public forums, since there are some non-connect members I would like to have input from.

Barb

Registered
That's what I do

sdann;71746 said:
when I head into the forums I click New Posts which brings all new posts. I don't even look if they are connect or not, so I read and leave comments indiscriminately. I think most by far are connect posts. I have posted a few issues or questions in the public forums, since there are some non-connect members I would like to have input from.

That's what I do too, but I've noticed the Connect Forums seem to be running at a higher level of "conversation" so that's why I pretty much stick here. I guess after all this time I don't feel the need to go back over the same old ground again and again. But, you're right--a few of the public forum people are pretty high level.

sdann

Registered
Barb;71747 said:
That's what I do too, but I've noticed the Connect Forums seem to be running at a higher level of "conversation" so that's why I pretty much stick here. I guess after all this time I don't feel the need to go back over the same old ground again and again. But, you're right--a few of the public forum people are pretty high level.

You are very right! It's been great. I was stagnant before, but now I have so many different aspects to focus on.

Oogiem

Registered
jason.verly;71734 said:

I do fairly regularly. Not sure it makes the community better ;-) but I'm more than willing to leave an opinion there as well as here.

Layla

Registered
Oogiem;71753 said:
I do fairly regularly. Not sure it makes the community better ;-) but I'm more than willing to leave an opinion there as well as here.

Oh yes, it has been very helpful! :)

It took a while for a newbie like me to figure out there are invisible forums one can join on a trial basis and then extend, and that there is likely to be great content and helpful people there... If I got no value out of posting on the public forums, I'd probably not bother to join Connect... It was only after I saw someone posted there how helpful Connect is, that I joined here.. :)