Is GTD REALLY that simple? Am I missing something?

dal1mdm

Registered
I Dont Think its Easy or Simple

I've tinkered with GTD off and on for years. Looking at my posts, I realized that its been much longer than I thought.

Bottom line: GTD is another plate to spin and it wobbles like the others. I do think think it brings value though - even on a smaller scale, which is the only scale my particular brain bandwidth can handle.

ellobogrande

Registered
dal1mdm;75015 said:
Bottom line: GTD is another plate to spin and it wobbles like the others.

I don't agree with that. For me, GTD is a lifestyle that helps me to track the plates I'm spinning. It's a collection of habits and best practices that have alleviated mental stress for me in ways that no other program has done.

I realize that it's not for everybody and there are those who don't need it as much as I do. But like any tool or methodology if it's not used properly then it doesn't yield the benefits. Without knowing your situation I can't say for sure which is true for you but I sense that you're looking for more organization and control in your life otherwise you wouldn't be here.

If you've not read it yet, I strongly suggest reading "Making It All Work". I had a great many "aha" moments and new insights after reading it.

Good luck,

-Luke