Just received a great idea/tip from prior GTD Forum post. . . .

gtdstudente

Registered
Just received a great idea/tip from prior GTD Forum post:

For Projects and Next Actions and their appropriate 'Verbization' . . . going to experiment with using the Verbs that connote 'Joy' as an attractive motivator for "Project" and "Next Action" Lists . . . trying to transform all into Can't Wait to Complete and Can't Wait to Do Lists is my best way to describe at this juncture

Ps. If things fall short of what what was anticipate/hoped . . . well . . . all the better . . . an unexpected 'bonus' learning/lesson experience to boot!

LOL

Last edited:

dtj

Registered
Oddly the trips my stoic-ness tendencies. For me, "Take vacation" implies "Enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation", so I don't really need to convince myself. Then again, I make a critical distinction between a "vacation" and a "trip", with a trip being more utilitarian than a vacation. A trip isn't necessarily restful or enjoyable, but still necessary. Driving 7 hrs to move ones MiL into a nursing home, isn't terribly vacation-y.

mcogilvie

Registered
A trip isn't necessarily restful or enjoyable, but still necessary. Driving 7 hrs to move ones MiL into a nursing home, isn't terribly vacation-y.
But it does count as being responsible and loving. Plus GTD bonus points for doing work as it shows up.