Keysuite 2.4 and Outlook 2003

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys.
Like many, I've been trying to come up with an optimal way to implement GTD both in Outlook and on the Palm, and after using my own custom system for a while, I went back to Bill's Plans as Contacts. So far so good on the desktop, but the only way to fully transfer this system onto the palm seems to be by using Chapura's KeySuite.

The problem is that I can't get it to work. I am using Outlook 2003 against an Exchange 2003 server, configured to use cached exchange mode over https. My palm is a Palm Vx. Chapura Pocket Mirror standard works perfectly fine with this configuration, but KeySuite refuses to sync. The hotsync log keeps saying that my KeySuite folder in Outlook is empty and that I am working offline, although Outlook is online. Reinstalling KeySuite does not resolve the problem, and neither does setting the KeySuite folder for offline synchronization in Send/Receive settings. Even if I delete the folder, Keysuite only creates another emty KeySuite folder in Outlook, without any of the subfolders necessary to sync. I wrote to Chapura about this problem, but have not heard back from them.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum uses the same kind of desktop configuration and has been able to successfully run KeySuite. Any suggestions would be greatly appreacitated since I would really like to get this to work. Apparently DataViz's Beyond Contacts does not handle linked tasks nearly as well as KeySuite does (although its price is certainly more attractive), so it seems that this is my only option if I want to use Projects as Contacts system on the palm.

Thanks for all your help,
Pedja

A

Anonymous

Ok, Chapura people finally got back to me and helped me resolve this problem. I ma posting the solution in case anyone else runs across this problem. Basically, one needs to create a note in the KeySuite folder with just some text. It doesn't matter what you put in it, anything at all will do, it's just important that there is something in the folder. The conduit then creates the proper content and syncs the data to the palm. After that, you can remove the note and everything will continue to work ok.

So, all my projects are now on the palm. The only downside is that I finally realized how slow my little Vx is for any kind of larger application. It looks like I might have to start looking for a faster handheld at some point, affter all. If I could just find one that looks as good...
pedja