• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Label makers - preventing wasteful blank space?

I use a Brother P-Touch label maker that's a few years old. Even after setting all margins to the lowest possible settings, almost 50% of every label I print is consumed by blank space on both sides of the text.

This massively slows me down, because I need to do at least two snips with scissors to trim it down. (Not to mention 50% waste of label tape.) If I don't do this trimming, it won't fit on the file folder. (I am legally blind - I need big fonts. I keep words short.)

Has anyone found a way to work around this problem?
 
I thought there was an option to Chain Print that removes most of the excess but you have to cut it apart yourself. Or if you are printing a lot of labels at one time just put 2 spaces between each label but print it as one long strip and cut them apart at the end. I figure it's the razor blade function, sell the labelers inexpensively because you make people buy a lot more label tape than is really necessary and that's where the profit it.
 
Top