Latest Productivity Newsletter

CJSullivan

Registered
Just curious... The Master Keys to Getting Things Done - these strike me as a new take, or coming in a different window to the Natural Planning Model...Except that they seem to be targeted towards upper horizon things instead of discrete projects...

Just an observation really, but it just struck me that this model could be used as a real 360 degree way to tackle anything at any level...!

mcogilvie

Registered
CJSullivan;105229 said:
Just curious... The Master Keys to Getting Things Done - these strike me as a new take, or coming in a different window to the Natural Planning Model...Except that they seem to be targeted towards upper horizon things instead of discrete projects...

Have you read Making It All Work? It lays out things in the same way the article did. I can't say I learned a lot new from it, but it was a clear and useful book that opened my eyes a bit.

CJSullivan

Registered
mcogilvie;105233 said:
Have you read Making It All Work? It lays out things in the same way the article did. I can't say I learned a lot new from it, but it was a clear and useful book that opened my eyes a bit.

Yes, I did. You're right - it's the same approach, isn't it?!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
CJSullivan;105229 said:

Just an observation really, but it just struck me that this model could be used as a real 360 degree way to tackle anything at any level...!

Hi Carolyn,

The article in the latest Productive Living Newsletter is really just explaining the control + perspective models. It's very much like how Making It All Work brought both of those together, as Mike said.