Lebeller

L

leon

Anyone have any experience with a Brother PT-1500 labelmaker. It connects to the PC.

Thanks
Leon

A

Anonymous

Brother PTouch Labelmaker

I have not used the 1500, but have used the pt2300 and pt2310 with the PC interface, and builtin keyboard. I believe it was the cheapest model that could do both. According to Brother (not the cheapest place to order labels, but one of the few places to order replacement sticks and software support) the 2310 has been replaced with a newer model.

The PC interface (USB) is great - it allows for much fancier formatting and saving templates. That way I can add extra infromation to the label like key phone numbers or account numbers right on the label, add a date automatically (in smaller type to leave more space for the catagory).

The software can be a little tricky to install if you do not follow the instructions exactly, but tech support seemed more competitant then most companies, and resolved the issues quickly.

A

Anonymous

Re: Lebeller

leon said:
Anyone have any experience with a Brother PT-1500 labelmaker. It connects to the PC.

Thanks
Leon

I have the Brother PT-1500 and it works as described. It is a breeze to type on the computer using both my hands rather than my finger. It has a very practical and aesthetic feature in allowing you to put a picture of your choosing on the front making it look more like a picture frame rather than a bulky "desk-space-taker-upper." I can choose fonts and sizes, etc. It also allows me to print directly to my printer which can be useful for low tech single page next actions tasks or lists. I would recommend it although I haven't tried the version that is both portable/pc hybrid and that possibility sounds interesting.

Garfield.