Levenger Filing Cabinet?

darlakbrown

Registered
I guess the obvious question is when will we see a David Allen/GTD recommended filing cabinet at levenger.com. I'm looking at their website and see the Stackable Lateral Files Levenger Filing Cabinet ... are these usable without the hanging file folders.

Has anybody bought GTD friendly filing cabinets - levenger or otherwise - that they love and have pics of/links to?

PS I loved this conversation for many other reasons as well that I could go into but my next NA is to find filing cabinets for home office and work office that are modern and have the spring loaded holder/don't require hanging file folders.

Thanks!

DavidAllen

GTD Connect
I'm using Herman Miller products for this

I don't have the specific reference at hand, but I'll get it. I use two-drawer rolling cabinets which fit underneath the Herman Miller desktops I use. They have sliding "blocks" in the drawers, so I don't have to use hanging folders (though they also have tracks that can accomodate hangers if you want). - David

Attached files

Niels

Registered
desktop

David,

I would be very interested in knowling the name and model # of your desktop and filing cabinets. I have been searching the web for Herman Miller products but have yet to locate cabinets on wheels. Looks quite handy.

Niels

jodha

Registered
Filling

We have redone the entire ground level of our house and I made a new home -office. I was inspired by a lot of the discussion on these forums and other. So I mad it complety by myself because I didn't find the not-hanging cabinet in Europe.

I'm please with my own piece of work. Will put a foto someday.

cornell

Registered
it's possible to find great used filing cabinets

I work with people in the University who often have poor quality or broken filing, and (as David says) good mechanicals are crucial to getting the filing to be quick and easy. However, new ones can be expensive. Instead of buying cheapo filing cabinets from the big box office supply store, we go to an awesome local used office furniture store, which has a ton of inexpensive, but very high quality, filing cabinets. Our two-drawer cabinets are usually $300-400, but we got them for ~$50 each. They really work smoothly, and have have plenty of capacity. Plus, you never know what you'll find in them! Here's a picture .

jrobinson

Registered
Herman Miller Filing Cabinet

Niels;42081 said:
David,

I would be very interested in knowling the name and model # of your desktop and filing cabinets. I have been searching the web for Herman Miller products but have yet to locate cabinets on wheels. Looks quite handy.

Niels

Did David ever post the product information on the Herman Miller filing cabinet?

jrobinson

Registered
Herman Miller Filing Cabinet

DavidAllen;42030 said:
I don't have the specific reference at hand, but I'll get it. I use two-drawer rolling cabinets which fit underneath the Herman Miller desktops I use. They have sliding "blocks" in the drawers, so I don't have to use hanging folders (though they also have tracks that can accomodate hangers if you want). - David

David - did you ever post the specific reference for this filing cabinet?....I'm in search of a good file cabinet.

Carla Guarisco

Registered
File cabinet specifics

Hi all,

Thanks for persevering! Here are the details:

Herman Miller

3-drawer (Product #: M19V-1522-B) B/B/F

2-drawer (Product #: M19V-1522-F) F/F

Happy filing!

Hermione

Registered
Filing cabinets in the UK

If you are looking for a filing cabinet in the UK, buy a Bisley filing cabinet that takes "compressor plates". It will have two paralell rows of small insertion slots in the floor of each drawer. It isn't clear on their website which models do take the plates so call Bisley or your local office store to check. There are two levels of robustness- home use or office use. If you buy a second hand cabinet with the slots in the bottom of the drawers, you can order compressor plates separately.

Although Bisley do some filing cabinets that are not grey or cream/brown, the colours are quite strong. They will send you a sample if you want to see what they look like. Coloured cabinets cannot be returned if you don't like the colour.

I bought BS4EGG which is a four drawer office lockable cabinet. They come in grey or cream/coffee. Compressor plates are black and were 30 pounds extra. Hubbards Office Furniture stock them and will deliver if you are in London.

We've had the cabinets spray-painted to match the walls of our small study. It looks great. I sent the paint reference and cabinets to Paintworks in Camberwell London SE5 0DP. You can also send a sample colour. It costs a bit - 140 quid plus VAT per cabinet. However, the colour match is excellent and the finish is really good. They also sent a small bottle of colour in case

Folders:
Try 'Avery Tabbed Folders Heavyweight FC' - available special order from Rymans (direct for delivery or pick up at your local shop) or Viking. They come in 5 colours. I'm using blue at home: code 20613 and Buff (20612) at work. The others are Green 20614, Pink 20617 and Yellow 20619.

Hx